New email addy annoyance

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
So, this past week I have been getting emails from who knows but they are all like this...
v.eronica.smith at gmail
Next day, same email, this addy...
ve.ronica.smith at gmail
And then...
ver.onica.smith...
You get the picture. So I label the first one spam and wonder why my spam filter stopped working. OH, moved the '.' over one space, all week long. And now it's started over this week from someone else using the same 'move the period' naming sequence.

using G-Mail is a great solution to that. you can set up several personalities [email protected] [email protected] and have gmail send replies from these, becuase gmail users mark stuff as spam, it is also dissapeared from your inbox almost instantly, chances are you will see very very little actual spam on a gmail account. (at least that is my reality)
Bo

Where there is a will, there is a way and who ever 'veronica' is found the way. I just can not understand why people spend all this time finding ways to make others miserable.

i filter my spam by subject as well as sender. and the spammers are very creative putting **vi$@agr.!a and all kinds of variations of the subject. gmail catches most and sends them all to the spam folder ... but such a nuisance.

Do they get paid for how many they SEND? Or just to how many are responded?? I don't understand that either. Not that I really want to...more morbid curiosity.

i filter my spam by subject as well as sender. and the spammers are very creative putting **vi$@agr.!a and all kinds of variations of the subject. gmail catches most and sends them all to the spam folder ... but such a nuisance..
These are all [Contact Us] in the subject line. But, yes, they are creative lately, some not mentioing the 'product' before you open the email.
I get the same ones dumped into my spam folder every week. They must have an auto send feature on their email list. It's the same name, the same product (photoshopping services) every time.

Do they get paid for how many they SEND? Or just to how many are responded?? I don't understand that either. Not that I really want to...more morbid curiosity..
Response. It's a very lucrative business.

Back