new facebook call to action button

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no buttons for me yet :( but i work for non profits which means no profits for facebook off my pages so i guess they are in no hurry. still, we are hoping for a 'donate now' button!

It just appeared on my page. I set it to "Book Now" and linked it to my ResKey page..
I am using ResKey's Facebook App for that, which is why I set the FB button to "contact us" -- but the app not as obvious as FB's "call-to-action" button.
Harborfields said:
I am using ResKey's Facebook App for that, which is why I set the FB button to "contact us" -- but the app not as obvious as FB's "call-to-action" button.
I use the ResKey app too, but it's so hidden. This Book Now button is right there in their face, where I want it! I don't want them to contact me. I want them to book. Now! :)
I wonder, is it better to link the button to your availability calendar or to the page that shows off your rooms.
I guess the question should be, in what state of mind will people be who click the "book now" button.
I don't think ones FB page gives a full impression of the business and what it offers, so I'm not sure that people on FB would be about to book and therefore shouldn't you send them to a page that showcases your place rather than an availability calendar?
Highlands John said:
I wonder, is it better to link the button to your availability calendar or to the page that shows off your rooms.
We'll see. My ResKey page gives a good description and multiple photos of each room, and anybody who wants more info can click any of several links to other pages on the website.
I'm getting more and more people arriving at my website from my FB page.
Just as I have Book Now prominent at the top of my own website, I want it prominent on the FB page. Don't want any possibility of somebody not booking because they didn't see how to do it.
Maybe I should rephrase that.
I think that few people looking my FB page would be about to book (as it seems a strange place to be if that's what you want to do) so isn't it better to send them to a page that makes them want to book rather than one that allows them to book?
I changed mine to the rooms page. No one had clicked it anyway, so not sure the text is compelling.
Plus, how many people are actually ON your fb page? Most just look at what shows in their feed.

I chose to use it as 'book now' since our website already shows on the left 'about' column. I frequently get messages or posts asking about availability, so this will be an easy button to send them to.

Mine popped up yesterday and I made it a "book now" link.
Don't anyone be shocked in 6 month or so when Facebook comes back to you and tells you you're going to have to pay to keep it.

Mine popped up yesterday and I made it a "book now" link.
Don't anyone be shocked in 6 month or so when Facebook comes back to you and tells you you're going to have to pay to keep it..
PhineasSwann said:
Don't anyone be shocked in 6 month or so when Facebook comes back to you and tells you you're going to have to pay to keep it.
Yes. And they give the click counter. That, plus our own website stats, will help determine if it's worth paying a little for. At least most FB advertising is, so far, fairly cheap for what you get (thousands of exposures, to a targeted audience, for a few dollars).

It seems to let you link it to any URL you want, so I'm sure it would do TA. But you have to pick from one of the following labels to go on the button they click:
  • Book Now
  • Contact Us
  • Use App
  • Play Game
  • Shop Now
  • Watch Video
I guess they have a reason for not allowing you to define a custom label on the button.

I found this on the help community pages of FB, seems like the rest of us will just have to be patient.
"Currently, not every Page has the option to add a call-to-action button. This feature is currently being rolled and all Pages will have the option to add it in the future. Please continue to check back on your Pages and follow the instructions in the Help Center article you posted to add it when it becomes available.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience."
Seems like they are rolling out the feature slowly, which is annoying. FB should definitely have a disclaimer on the Help Center page and at the launch.

I have it but since I do not know how to attach it and figure if I put it up, they will say - Pony up - I have done nothing with it.

I have it but since I do not know how to attach it and figure if I put it up, they will say - Pony up - I have done nothing with it..
gillumhouse said:
I have it but since I do not know how to attach it and figure if I put it up, they will say - Pony up - I have done nothing with it.
When they say pony up, you take it down. In the meantime, it is really just click, add the URL, select what the button will show for text and hit save.
There are a couple more questions about if this is a game or app or mobile. You want to link to a website. Unless you've gone all techie on us and have an app or a game.

I have it but since I do not know how to attach it and figure if I put it up, they will say - Pony up - I have done nothing with it..
gillumhouse said:
When they say pony up, you take it down. In the meantime, it is really just click, add the URL, select what the button will show for text and hit save.
There are a couple more questions about if this is a game or app or mobile. You want to link to a website. Unless you've gone all techie on us and have an app or a game.
OK - I dood it to my rez pagr

gillumhouse said:
gillumhouse said:
It works, I tested it.

gillumhouse said:
gillumhouse said:
It works, I tested it.
Thank you

Do you all think you could set it to your Trip Advisor Review page?.
Sandynn, there is a Trip Advisor App for FB that you can add to your FB page that both shares your recent reviews and collects additional reviews -- FWIW.

Okay, so I still haven't received anything from FB on this. Has everyone else?

Okay, so I still haven't received anything from FB on this. Has everyone else?.
Country Girl said:
I've had the button for a few weeks now. Don't know if any reservations have come from it, but it's easy to find, so maybe someone will click it someday!

Okay, so I still haven't received anything from FB on this. Has everyone else?.
Country Girl said:
Nope. Nothing for me either.
I stand corrected.
My call-to-action button has appeared on my page today. All set a ready to go, lets see if this makes any difference.
Highlands John said:
I stand corrected.
My call-to-action button has appeared on my page today. All set a ready to go, lets see if this makes any difference.
Still waiting.

Back