New Facebook Observation

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kay Nein

Reaction score
On my stats page, I can see that most of my posts are seen by less than 100 people. Sucks, but that's just the way it is. However, I posted a link last week that has been seen by 2,359 people!!!
I think I know why... Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine is having a voting contest for the Best Of in certain categories. Our town is in the Best Trail Town category. I shared the link for the voting page. The next few days I started seeing that others were also sharing that link. Have you seen those posts where it shows a link's picture and then under it it shows all the other people who have also shared that link? It can be almost fill the page up in some cases and it shows you what each share individually said about the link, etc. (hope this makes sense). Well, I can see now that when that comes up on someone's screen they are counting all those people who saw your FB page name and what you said about that link....
Here's a screenshot showing what I'm talking about:
facebook.JPG

Conclusion - I don't really know if this will translate into more traffic for the biz page or new Fans, but it just shows that posting popular links will increase your visibility. Make a statement about that link that is catchy & memorable and you might just find people clicking over to see what you're all about.
Comments?

I posted some of my garden pics and it went CRAZY! over 4400 views, and 14 shares! Most people I didn't know. But I did gain about 4 new 'likes' and followers from it. I noticed that several others did go on and view other things on my page and they went to my website too. So it does help to keep those pics posted!

Not really a comment but an FYI: FB has just changed the way it feeds posts. EdgeRank is gone.
Details are here..
@muirford

Thanks for sharing that article. I think it was a good move on Facebook's end to do so for a better user experience.
@K9 & @Sunshine
Nice approach. As long as it benefits your followers, I think it's good to share something outside of promoting your business. It also helps to interact with them through comments considering the changes mentioned in the article posted (interaction = story bumping & "last actor").

I posted some of my garden pics and it went CRAZY! over 4400 views, and 14 shares! Most people I didn't know. But I did gain about 4 new 'likes' and followers from it. I noticed that several others did go on and view other things on my page and they went to my website too. So it does help to keep those pics posted!.
One of the things I had a lot of action with was when I posted a picture of that "chick" hard boiled egg.

I posted a picture of a puppy that fell asleep in it's food bowl and the caption was 'bed and breakfast'. My stats went through the roof. No wonder there's so many cute animal pictures on FB. Sheesh.

Back