New Feature for Reservation Key

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hillbilly

Reaction score
Hi everyone! If you use Reservation Key there is a new feature. I had a suggestion for John and he made it happen once again! Man this guy is great! What a blessing to finally have someone that makes things happen. I found that when ever we had slower times, I would lower the rate to try and get people to book. I noticed that the customer never new that I had lowered the rate. For example. Our normal rates during the week are $139.00 per night. Several times I would do a rate adjustment for a certain time because it was slow. By doing this I was able to lower the rate to $115.00 per night to try and get people to book. I was getting tired of the customers calling during this time to ask if we had any specials. I would tell them, " The normal rate is $139.00 per night and we have a special at $115.00 per night!" They would then tell me "Oh great, that is a good deal! I would like to go ahead and make a reservation please!" So I called John and gave him my idea. This is what we came up with and it is working great! I really suggest you give it a try! Here is an example from our site of what I'm talking about. It gives the normal rate and then the discount rate. People love Discounts. If we are going to offer one, it's nice for the customer to know they are getting one!
Reservation%20Key.jpg

I am so happy to hear that - that was the one feature I really missed from Webervations 2.0. Is there some way that you found out about the change?

I like this! So how is this accomplished? I have searched the site, checked the blog and FB.

I like this! So how is this accomplished? I have searched the site, checked the blog and FB..
copperhead said:
I like this! So how is this accomplished? I have searched the site, checked the blog and FB.
It comes up when you have a rate adjustment (not a discount).

It's works great! John used my site for testing and it should be available for everyone now. He said he was going to do a blog post. I have made 3 new reservations because of this in the last 2 days.

I like this! So how is this accomplished? I have searched the site, checked the blog and FB..
copperhead said:
muirford said:
copperhead said:
TY - tried it and Bob's yer uncle (
wink_smile.gif
) it worked like a charm.

So, where you have the verbage "Spring Special", did you just enter that in the description block of the rate adjustment?

So, where you have the verbage "Spring Special", did you just enter that in the description block of the rate adjustment?.
Proud Texan said:
So, where you have the verbage "Spring Special", did you just enter that in the description block of the rate adjustment?
I'm not answering for Bob, but the answer is yes.

So, where you have the verbage "Spring Special", did you just enter that in the description block of the rate adjustment?.
Proud Texan said:
Test it on just one day, tomorrow and see how it shows. I tried BOOK NOW SPECIAL, as the title and that is what populates.

Proud Texan said:
copperhead said:
Proud Texan said:
And does anyone know how to change the color of the special title - is that in your theme or elsewhere?

Proud Texan said:
copperhead said:
Proud Texan said:
And does anyone know how to change the color of the special title - is that in your theme or elsewhere?
muirford said:
copperhead said:
Proud Texan said:
Now THAT was my next question! READ IS GOOD, black is not so good.

Proud Texan said:
copperhead said:
Proud Texan said:
muirford said:
copperhead said:
Proud Texan said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Freudian READ=RED?
I would like Bob to give me a little tutorial in theme customization. It is still on my list of things to do and his seems perfect. I'm jealous.

Proud Texan said:
copperhead said:
Proud Texan said:
muirford said:
copperhead said:
Proud Texan said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Freudian READ=RED?
I would like Bob to give me a little tutorial in theme customization. It is still on my list of things to do and his seems perfect. I'm jealous.

Proud Texan said:
Hi guy's! Sorry I wasnt able to get back. We have 3 early check ins today. Thank you copperhead! That is correct Proud Texan!

Proud Texan said:
copperhead said:
Proud Texan said:
This is how you change the color. Im not sure what will happen if you type in READ.
wink_smile.gif

I think the red for me is the perfect color for this. It is easy to do with themes. You can edit as you like (Website tab, Themes):
#span_rateadjustmentname {color:red;font-weight:bold;}

Proud Texan said:
copperhead said:
Proud Texan said:
muirford said:
copperhead said:
Proud Texan said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Freudian READ=RED?
I really like the way ours turned out. I had John do this awhile ago. I think it makes the customer feel like they are still on our site and have never left. Just give him a call or email him and Im sure he will help you. He worked on my as a test page and it worked out great.

Proud Texan said:
copperhead said:
Proud Texan said:
This is how you change the color. Im not sure what will happen if you type in READ.
wink_smile.gif

I think the red for me is the perfect color for this. It is easy to do with themes. You can edit as you like (Website tab, Themes):
Bob said:
wink_smile.gif

Wow! That works perfectly. I set up a Mother's Day Special and it was so easy.

Proud Texan said:
copperhead said:
Proud Texan said:
muirford said:
copperhead said:
Proud Texan said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Freudian READ=RED?
muirford said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Freudian READ=RED?
Yes I have that on my list to do as well (read too!) haha

Back