New flooring

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats and good luck on the renovations!
I have a 104 yr old house and our guests loved our old restored original floors. Many, many guests had never seen anything like them. I would say if the floors are in decent shape, show them off with area rugs!
We ended up putting wood laminate in our kitchen and butler's pantry which was one of our last projects when we were renovating our house. The floors were horrible and at that point we had spent so much money on the really BIG projects, that we could not afford replacing them with similar heart pine hardwood floors. But, it was not the way that I really would have wanted to go even though they look great and I've been happy with them overall..
Unfortunately, due to the lack of funds I thinks I am just going to leave the existing carpeting down but remove it from the stairway going up. Will have to wood putty in where the nailer strips are, paint and use stair treads to deaden the sound.
I don't know about other people but I'm in this on my own and just can't afford all the things I would like done at this point.
I am being optomistic in being able to, in the hope of getting repeat guests, by emailing them the updates and renovations.
Any thoughts?
go for it! and definately get blogging white pine and arkensawyer are both in the pre opening loonbin renovation stage and have good and interesting blogs. You can also do facebook and twitter before you open as well. (Cos I am sure you don't have enough to do!) you might also think about doing a newsletter though don't over send it ie once every 2 or 3 months is enough and get your web site up it doesn't have to be how it will be eventually announce a work in progress and opening on XYZ this is what we are doing and this is how its going to be etc. Just to get some history on there and getting google to find it.

Back