New forum text editor

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
Hey, did you notice this new text editor has a spell checker? Now THAT is an improvement!! I just hope everybody will use it (he naively says).

Yes, I noticed when the background colour was different and the smileys were in a different place.
Eye will certainly bee using the knew spell chequer.

Great. But with Kim, John and I find that it tells us we have errors that aren't really spelling errors? Will it accept neighbour? Nope! Definitely an American Dictionary, not an English dictionary.

Great. But with Kim, John and I find that it tells us we have errors that aren't really spelling errors? Will it accept neighbour? Nope! Definitely an American Dictionary, not an English dictionary..
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Nope! Definitely an American Dictionary, not an English dictionary.
...just as George Washington and Noah Webster intended it.

I didn't notice because I am having the worst time with the forum lately.
The last reply I did I had the new editor, figured it was going to blow up on me and just typed really fast.
This time? I have a teeny box to write in with no editing features at all.

Great. But with Kim, John and I find that it tells us we have errors that aren't really spelling errors? Will it accept neighbour? Nope! Definitely an American Dictionary, not an English dictionary..
Eric Arthur Blair said:
I'll take an OED or Canadian OED any day over something written with the intent of saving the letter U. Don't even know where you are storing those extra letter U-s.

Eric Arthur Blair said:
I'll take an OED or Canadian OED any day over something written with the intent of saving the letter U. Don't even know where you are storing those extra letter U-s.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
We need them for other things... USA, for one.

Things are not quite right with it yet.... I am still tinkering It may be bumpy for the remainder of the night as I do some tweaking.

Okay I have made some tweaks and it is predominantly working. The spellcheck button has gone away and it now does it as you type... it should also pick up your language by location and adjust its spelling dictionary (untested)
Image placement now works.
I think connecting up the old smileys is the only item that is still not working.
Kick the tires, if you see something that is broken about it, let me know.

I think swirt is actually enjoying having this to fiddle with. Good for him!
regular_smile.gif

Okay I have made some tweaks and it is predominantly working. The spellcheck button has gone away and it now does it as you type... it should also pick up your language by location and adjust its spelling dictionary (untested)
Image placement now works.
I think connecting up the old smileys is the only item that is still not working.
Kick the tires, if you see something that is broken about it, let me know..
Well, the dictionary thing isn't working for me. I'm still getting wiggly red lines under centre and neighbour.

:) Our little plan. First we removed French as the world's language for diplomacy, next we replace ye olde English with American English.
And you wouldn't get the wiggly red lines if you'd spell properly. The word you've written is not spelled centre, its spelled sentry. ;-)

Looks great! Thanks for the "upgrade"
regular_smile.gif

Would love to have more smiley/emoticon options though - sometimes I want to convey something that just isn't there. I know you said you're working on that aspect. Remember being able to just type a string of characters and the specific emoticon would pop up? Anyone remember these:
http://help.yahoo.com/tutorials/ms75/mess/im_pconv2.html

Eric Arthur Blair said:
Arkansawyer said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
That reminds me of something someone said to me one time about different English versions of the Bible. "I only read the King James version. If it was good enough for Jesus, then it's good enough for me!" -- Actual Quote
I always thought it was funny, even as a kid, when Southern preachers prayed out loud in church how they added "thee" and "thou" in their prayers, as if praying in King James English was somehow more sanctified. ( I always was reminded of the Quaker Oats man.) Then they'd end the sermon with "Thank ya'll for comin'. "

regular_smile.gif

Would love to have more smiley/emoticon options though - sometimes I want to convey something that just isn't there. I know you said you're working on that aspect. Remember being able to just type a string of characters and the specific emoticon would pop up? Anyone remember these:
http://help.yahoo.com/tutorials/ms75/mess/im_pconv2.html.
Just above the editor you should see a text link that says "Smileys" If you click on that you will see our old smileys, and you can just drag the one you want down into the editor. The text shortcuts for smileys should also still work. Let me test that now too ;) :) shit :(

regular_smile.gif

Just above the editor you should see a text link that says "Smileys" If you click on that you will see our old smileys, and you can just drag the one you want down into the editor. The text shortcuts for smileys should also still work. Let me test that now too ;) :) shit :(
The text shortcuts for the old custom smileys can be found here https://www.innspiring.com/faqs-innkeeper near the bottom of the page.
THis is not the final smiley solution, but it works for now :)

regular_smile.gif

The text shortcuts for the old custom smileys can be found here https://www.innspiring.com/faqs-innkeeper near the bottom of the page.
THis is not the final smiley solution, but it works for now :)
ahhh shit the auto link maker is busted grrr :(

Back