New Gnome

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Innkeep

Reaction score
I have a neighbor who lives about a block up the street from me. For about 5 or 6 years he has been putting life size statues of large cats (eg tigers, pumas, etc) in his side yard. A couple of years ago two of these statues were stolen, and the newspaper sent out a reporter to do a human interest story about the guy with his big cat statues.
He says he gets these statues to memorialize his relatives, many of whom are deceased. (?)
Slowly over the years he has accumulated quite a menagerie to the point that things are getting a little crowded. This summer he has added name placques to the statues. It's not quite to the point of being an eyesore, but their presence is now often a topic of conversation around the breakfast table.
This week I have repeat guests who have noted the growth in numbers at the "zoo", so I told them the story.
This is the present I received from my guests this evening.
gnome_0.jpg

They were tempted to just put it out in the yard for me to find on my own, but were kind enough to bring him in for me to enjoy. Had the best laugh I've had in a long time.

Id love to have more garden furniture on the front but I know it would be knicked or left down the street in about 5 minutes which is a shame as we are finally getting some decent weather.

That is so hilarious! Send me those guests, I want them so I can laugh with them and innjoy them! I will trade you the CPA's...
Cute and clever.

Back