New kitchen Sideboard

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
I promised a photo of the new sideboard I had built for the kitchen. Here it is. Starting to get the kitchen organized thanks to it. (The Library decrapification is coming along too!)

Very Nice! I am looking for something just like that except a little shorter. It's hard to find unless you want something made overseas...!

That is one of the great things about where I live: Amish country. I can get stuff like that from excellent quality furniture makers for comparatively less than other places. My Amish friend's husband is a furniture maker, as are two of their sons. They do beautiful work for not a whole lotta moolah!!

It was custom measured and built. It is 55 inches long and 24 wide. I am still deciding what is going where, but it has made an enormous difference to the crapification in the kitchen. Things have been moved, put into other cabinets when this one took some things into it (and on it)......
Edited to add that my kitchen originally was the back porch and is 19 feet long and 9 feet wide. It also contains my washer/dryer.

Oh that looks really nice. I had a desk and cabinet made by the Amish last year. Great work. And solid wood..no particle board around here.

Looks very nice!
thumbs_up.gif

Oh that looks really nice. I had a desk and cabinet made by the Amish last year. Great work. And solid wood..no particle board around here..
This was made by Chad Swearingen - son of Hilltop Haven B & B in Toronto, Ohio. It is solid oak except for the door panels and they appear to be a veneer. It is HEAVY!! It is a duplicate of the base of the hutch in the dining room that I had him make for my teas.

Oh that looks really nice. I had a desk and cabinet made by the Amish last year. Great work. And solid wood..no particle board around here..
This was made by Chad Swearingen - son of Hilltop Haven B & B in Toronto, Ohio. It is solid oak except for the door panels and they appear to be a veneer. It is HEAVY!! It is a duplicate of the base of the hutch in the dining room that I had him make for my teas.
Wow he did beautiful work!!!

Back