New one and well done

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
Checked in super early. One guy. I asked, are you one or two adults? Two, my wife is in the car. I wanted to make sure we could check in early.
Can we take breakfast to the room? I said yes because people are sensitive to covid in different degrees. He turned in his key at 11 and went back to the room saying we’re still packing the car. Fine.
At noon, I knocked on the door saying, you have to go, you’re an hour late.
He said something about his aunt coming over that was so irrelevant to the conversation, I just skipped it.

They leave and a few minutes later, a woman and her four year old start up the stairs. I said, who are you? She said, we stayed here last night. My husband and I stayed here. She needs to use the bathroom. I said, the three of you? I’ll have to charge you for the third person.

THEN, hubby comes back in with two other women! I said, we can’t have non registered guests in the house. Unregistered woman says, oh, I just wanted to see the house. I am from this town. I said, so am I. I can’t have you here. Check out was over an hour ago. I need to get my work done. And not for nothin’ but you need a mask in my house. Oh, I don’t have mine with me. Ohhhh noooooo.

They left and we locked the door. And charged them for a third person.

Clever idea turning in the key and then not leaving so we sort of missed that they hadn’t left. And the old, ‘my wife is in the car’ trick.

Update - just noticed the car is still here! Had he asked, we would have said he could leave the car, but he didn’t ask.

We’ve fallen for the ‘spouse in the car’ that also includes extra people. The worst was a wedding where the two people who booked the room told their friends to come over after dark. We think there might have been four or five. One of them left something behind and emailed about it. And that’s when I found out she was a manager at a hotel. I would guess she didn’t appreciate it at her place.

Back