New Package Ideas

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Is there anything new under the sun?
Thinking about adding a new package that is not THIRD PARTY screw-up-able, something I can arrange or do that will makes guests happy. Any ideas? All I can think of is adding a kazoo to an innroom welcome package! LOL
Just want something different...there has to be something out there that is not a ton of overhead and work to prep, but a nice gesture or something!

Do you have any Civil War folks in your marble orchard behind your house? With the Civil War stuff coming to the forefront, find them and do a tour of their locations (self-guided of course) and provide materials for them to do "rubbings". Maybe they will have an ancestor located there. History Buff Special

Do you have any Civil War folks in your marble orchard behind your house? With the Civil War stuff coming to the forefront, find them and do a tour of their locations (self-guided of course) and provide materials for them to do "rubbings". Maybe they will have an ancestor located there. History Buff Special.
gillumhouse said:
Do you have any Civil War folks in your marble orchard behind your house? With the Civil War stuff coming to the forefront, find them and do a tour of their locations (self-guided of course) and provide materials for them to do "rubbings". Maybe they will have an ancestor located there. History Buff Special
Awesome idea.
Related: are any of the characters from the episode that gave rise to the upcoming movie hanging out back there? Same idea, and you can cross-reference the marketing.

Do you have any Civil War folks in your marble orchard behind your house? With the Civil War stuff coming to the forefront, find them and do a tour of their locations (self-guided of course) and provide materials for them to do "rubbings". Maybe they will have an ancestor located there. History Buff Special.
gillumhouse said:
Awesome idea.
Related: are any of the characters from the episode that gave rise to the upcoming movie hanging out back there? Same idea, and you can cross-reference the marketing.
Driving tour of the actual (real-life) locations in the movie. Here where they wrecked. Here is the jail, the courthouse, the Dew Drop Inn

gillumhouse said:
Awesome idea.
Driving tour of the actual (real-life) locations in the movie. Here where they wrecked. Here is the jail, the courthouse, the Dew Drop Inn
Kathleen, you are amazing!

gillumhouse said:
Awesome idea.
gillumhouse said:
Movie is not out til 2012 I need something for this year. :)

I know this is a year out but The Kettlewell people did a really fab guide for the scenes from the Calandar girls movie will email you a scanned copy as it is really well done.

gillumhouse said:
Awesome idea.
gillumhouse said:
Movie is not out til 2012 I need something for this year. :)
So get a jump on the movie! This movie is being made_____ starring _______based on the BOOK ______________ see where it happened! OR make your driving tour From the book _________ now and From the movie _____ in2012.
Call the package Shine On, 'shiner's Moon

Thanks.
What I really want is a PACKAGE IDEA for this year, right now. Not a tour, but an idea for an actual package I can put together. This is a fictional story (based on a true story), so there really are not "REAL" places in the book. Other than telling there where our courthouse is (which is 2 blocks away), etc. I have devoted blog articles and a webpage (on two websites) to this already.

I know this is a year out but The Kettlewell people did a really fab guide for the scenes from the Calandar girls movie will email you a scanned copy as it is really well done..
I know this is a year out but The Kettlewell people did a really fab guide for the scenes from the Calandar girls movie will email you a scanned copy as it is really well done.
Pls do! I would appreciate it.
But still am after a new package to upsell. :)

Thanks.
What I really want is a PACKAGE IDEA for this year, right now. Not a tour, but an idea for an actual package I can put together. This is a fictional story (based on a true story), so there really are not "REAL" places in the book. Other than telling there where our courthouse is (which is 2 blocks away), etc. I have devoted blog articles and a webpage (on two websites) to this already..
Tell me this, what do you hope to get from the package? Just an upsell, something you can make a profit on? Or something that will drive people to book in the first place, or stay two nights?

New package idea - The Fawlty Towers Weekend. We abuse you all weekend... and you like it. Comes with a complete DVD collectors edition ($24 at Amazon). But they get to call you Basil Fawlty all weekend.

New package idea - The Fawlty Towers Weekend. We abuse you all weekend... and you like it. Comes with a complete DVD collectors edition ($24 at Amazon). But they get to call you Basil Fawlty all weekend..
GBManor said:
New package idea - The Fawlty Towers Weekend. We abuse you all weekend... and you like it. Comes with a complete DVD collectors edition ($24 at Amazon). But they get to call you Basil Fawlty all weekend.
We call each other Basil & Sybil! Altho I do the Sybil attitude fairly well ('Pretentious, Moi?') I'm really more like Polly.

Maybe not a new idea, but was looking at a recipe just a bit ago. Chocolate waffles. Maybe a chocoholic package? Serious chocolate lovers out there--a friend and her sister just did a chocolate cross-country ski package where there were chocolate stations set through the woods, hot chocolate, chocolate pastries, and good chocolates! Would be a b&b version, a good girlfriend weekend? Could also balance with some not so chocolate complimentary foods?

Thanks.
What I really want is a PACKAGE IDEA for this year, right now. Not a tour, but an idea for an actual package I can put together. This is a fictional story (based on a true story), so there really are not "REAL" places in the book. Other than telling there where our courthouse is (which is 2 blocks away), etc. I have devoted blog articles and a webpage (on two websites) to this already..
Tell me this, what do you hope to get from the package? Just an upsell, something you can make a profit on? Or something that will drive people to book in the first place, or stay two nights?
"Or something that will drive people to book in the first place, or stay two nights? "
Yes this. Bring in more guests. Stay longer. Something to toss out to the different marketing avenues.

Maybe not a new idea, but was looking at a recipe just a bit ago. Chocolate waffles. Maybe a chocoholic package? Serious chocolate lovers out there--a friend and her sister just did a chocolate cross-country ski package where there were chocolate stations set through the woods, hot chocolate, chocolate pastries, and good chocolates! Would be a b&b version, a good girlfriend weekend? Could also balance with some not so chocolate complimentary foods?.
white pine said:
Maybe not a new idea, but was looking at a recipe just a bit ago. Chocolate waffles. Maybe a chocoholic package? Serious chocolate lovers out there--a friend and her sister just did a chocolate cross-country ski package where there were chocolate stations set through the woods, hot chocolate, chocolate pastries, and good chocolates! Would be a b&b version, a good girlfriend weekend? Could also balance with some not so chocolate complimentary foods?
The thing with this idea is it needs to be all the rooms to make it affordable, or I would have to charge too much for it. Trying to get everyone on the same package on a weekend never works, or I should say has not worked.
I like the chocolate lovers idea tho! Since I am in the state with "LOVERS" in the slogan, might be something! Thanks. Maybe for Mother's day?

Thanks.
"Or something that will drive people to book in the first place, or stay two nights? "
Yes this. Bring in more guests. Stay longer. Something to toss out to the different marketing avenues.
I'm trying, but to me it's really tough without an outside party (dinner, or a show somewhere). It just seems like work for you without much gain. Are you thinking of doing the picnic lunches again? That sounded really nice, plus the hiking info.
Good grief, I just looked at your town's info page to try to get some ideas and you are the ONLY place on the restaurant/lodging guide with a website listed!!!

Thanks.
Joey Bloggs said:
This is going to be trite- have you looked at the categories the different directories have for 'packages' that they are going to promote? Anything there strike you as something you can riff off? Sometimes I'll look at the emails that say 'we're promoting this next week,' and think, 'I'm not ready next week but it's a good package,' so I work something up.

Thanks.
Joey Bloggs said:
This is going to be trite- have you looked at the categories the different directories have for 'packages' that they are going to promote? Anything there strike you as something you can riff off? Sometimes I'll look at the emails that say 'we're promoting this next week,' and think, 'I'm not ready next week but it's a good package,' so I work something up.
Alibi Ike said:
Joey Bloggs said:
CHEERS!
No I haven't look there.

Thanks.
Joey Bloggs said:
Alibi Ike said:
Joey Bloggs said:
CHEERS!
No I haven't look there.
JB, Your County HAS to have a legend among the Shiners. Can you locate the route they took to point out the real-life places? Promote it as the "Roots of NA SC AR" as a 2-night package. Find where they started and you know where they ended - at the Courthouse or in the marble orchard.

Back