New PAII Campaign

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
I don't recall anyone commenting on this here...or did I miss it? http://support.betterwaytostay.com/
Sounds like an exciting time and there are lots of resources there already to help innkeepers. What do you all think?

Quite honestly, even after reading about it everywhere, I still don't get it. Is it a website for guests to understand what's going on? A website for innkeepers? If all of the advertising is designed around those keywords, guests will find that website which seems to be for innkeepers. And, hate to say it, but that video is not what I would be proud to showcase as the best innkeeping has to offer.
I am clueless.

Quite honestly, even after reading about it everywhere, I still don't get it. Is it a website for guests to understand what's going on? A website for innkeepers? If all of the advertising is designed around those keywords, guests will find that website which seems to be for innkeepers. And, hate to say it, but that video is not what I would be proud to showcase as the best innkeeping has to offer.
I am clueless..
I think the site right now is just for innkeepers to get them involved in the project and then once they get all the $$$ then they will be doing more web site oriented to guests along with the other promos etc. Right now it is the beginning stages..trying to get innkeepers on board. Then the PR begins.

They need $$$ to do anything. I ponied up and you all know what a cheapskate I am. It is worth a shot. I have spent more and gotten less in the past.
I have personally experienced at least 2 things that "everyone" said was not going to happen. #1 the WVBBA (in its previous name) discovered we were not covered in the Fire Codes and set out to change that. No one expected us to get squat. We did not get exactly what we tried for, but we did ger bed & breakfast in the Code and a way to make us legal per Fire Codes. #2 was the B & Bs For Vets. No one (including me) expected it to become what it did. So I am willing to climb on board this wagon to see where it takes us.

Gillum, I agree a worthy campaign but I will disagree that the B&B for Vets prgm, as that is attributed to hard work via two members (and spouse) of this forum and then the trickle effect of everyone participating and also passing the word on. I believe that Paii was wise to share the info as well, but I won't attribute all of the media and success to them.
cheers.gif

Gillum, I agree a worthy campaign but I will disagree that the B&B for Vets prgm, as that is attributed to hard work via two members (and spouse) of this forum and then the trickle effect of everyone participating and also passing the word on. I believe that Paii was wise to share the info as well, but I won't attribute all of the media and success to them.
cheers.gif
I believe that Paii was wise to share the info as well, but I won't attribute all of the media and success to them.
Oh, I am not implying that they were the reason it succeeded - although their newsletters did help a LOT to get B & Bs on board (especially after the website went live). What I was saying was that particular project was not expected to go so huge but did. So if PAII can build on what was started by that with THEIR campaign to make people aware of B & B, it will be a winner. I am willing to kick in my few dollars to try to help fund it. The Vets had someone who believed in what we were doing so funding was not in question - because basically there were no funds - for the Media end of it. He was basically working for nothing when he crafted the press release template and pitched the story. We asked for donations to pay him something because I have an aversion to asking someone to give away their livelihood for free - especially when they are getting nothing but warm & fuzzy from it.

I think the "Better Way to Stay" campaign is terrific. This year at renewal time I dropped down a couple of catagories since there are now many to choose from. Since I was now paying the least expensive (cheap), I decided to put the extra money I saved into a donation for the "Better Way to Stay" campaign. This is the only chance we have for a national campaign to benefit all b&bs, whether you're a PAII member or not. As a grass roots effort, it takes money and time and patience...Even if it fizzles out, I really appreciate the efforts PAII is making on our behalf.

I think the "Better Way to Stay" campaign is terrific. This year at renewal time I dropped down a couple of catagories since there are now many to choose from. Since I was now paying the least expensive (cheap), I decided to put the extra money I saved into a donation for the "Better Way to Stay" campaign. This is the only chance we have for a national campaign to benefit all b&bs, whether you're a PAII member or not. As a grass roots effort, it takes money and time and patience...Even if it fizzles out, I really appreciate the efforts PAII is making on our behalf..
Breakfast Diva said:
I think the "Better Way to Stay" campaign is terrific. This year at renewal time I dropped down a couple of catagories since there are now many to choose from. Since I was now paying the least expensive (cheap), I decided to put the extra money I saved into a donation for the "Better Way to Stay" campaign. This is the only chance we have for a national campaign to benefit all b&bs, whether you're a PAII member or not. As a grass roots effort, it takes money and time and patience...Even if it fizzles out, I really appreciate the efforts PAII is making on our behalf.
cheers.gif
amen!
(And do it now y'all so it is on your 2010 tax return)

Back