New PAII Membership Levels

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I did it. I told off those who are intimating I am (and others who have said same) an idiot because I am telling PAII goodbye. They make it sound as if it is the ONLY Forum.
No one has said PAII was of no value, just that a 3x jump in fee is rather drastic. I pointed out that I did not call them idiots for not rushing to join InnRewards - it is a business decision. Sorry but they are not capable of knowing what I can and cannot afford (and innrewards is free!) to tell me something that was $89 is now worth $249 because they tell me it is. Grrrrr.

You go girl! I think some of them over there are just dazzled by PAII, or struck on Jay :)
We'll do FINE without them, and have a few hundred dollars to put somewhere better!

You go girl! I think some of them over there are just dazzled by PAII, or struck on Jay :)
We'll do FINE without them, and have a few hundred dollars to put somewhere better!.
I had never said PAII did not have value - and that was my point to them. I actually advocated for PAII saying the advocacy was worth the membership fee - butthat was at $89. I would have given them $125 had they raised the dues after the intro year but a triple out of the blue with no discourse or warning was stupid. It was them telling me (OK inferring) I was stupid that got me wound up. The Forum - check in once a week and you can keep up. Miss a week here and you are buried! (And you get better info and cooperation here - I never saw any of THEM offer a multi-inn blog post!)

We'll do FINE without them, and have a few hundred dollars to put somewhere better!.
Jay is an amazing person. He's done quite a lot to get B&B's into the limelight. In a good way!

Jay is an amazing person. He's done quite a lot to get B&B's into the limelight. In a good way!
Madeleine said:
I agree. I am just so disappointed by the lack of communication about the dues and the amount of the jump.THAT is what saddens me. The amount of the jump made me have to rethink, and I just cannot do it. I have to keep my business viable.

Another thing that got me was how some of the innkeepers said, "frankly, I'm tired of subsidizing those of you at the $89 level" and "the $89 level was just a temporary thing to boost membership".
Well those of us who joined in the last few years had no idea of that history. The rate was $89 when I joined and I just thought that was how it is. Had no idea it was a temporary discount being subsidized by the richer inns. Guess I should thank them.
As Kathleen says, I could have stood, and understood, a bump to $125, and one to $150 next year and so on. It's the 3X jump at once that make me question the value I'm getting in return.

Another thing that got me was how some of the innkeepers said, "frankly, I'm tired of subsidizing those of you at the $89 level" and "the $89 level was just a temporary thing to boost membership".
Well those of us who joined in the last few years had no idea of that history. The rate was $89 when I joined and I just thought that was how it is. Had no idea it was a temporary discount being subsidized by the richer inns. Guess I should thank them.
As Kathleen says, I could have stood, and understood, a bump to $125, and one to $150 next year and so on. It's the 3X jump at once that make me question the value I'm getting in return..
Arkansawyer said:
As Kathleen says, I could have stood, and understood, a bump to $125, and one to $150 next year and so on. It's the 3X jump at once that make me question the value I'm getting in return.
Subsidizing? Are you serious. That is so insulting.
I am so not a team player. I am so not a committee person. I am so a renegade who wants to do my own thing.

As Kathleen says, I could have stood, and understood, a bump to $125, and one to $150 next year and so on. It's the 3X jump at once that make me question the value I'm getting in return..
Arkansawyer said:
I am so not a team player. I am so not a committee person. I am so a renegade who wants to do my own thing.
Joey Bloggs said:
Yep. Here's the exact quote:
PAII changed it's membership model years ago to make it affordable for all innkeepers during hard economic times, and quite frankly I am tired of subsidizing these $89 memberships, especially when some people obviously feel that their membership has no value.

Arkansawyer said:
Joey Bloggs said:
PAII changed it's membership model years ago to make it affordable for all innkeepers during hard economic times, and quite frankly I am tired of subsidizing these $89 memberships, especially when some people obviously feel that their membership has no value.
Arkansawyer said:
Joey Bloggs said:
and they are "out" on that forum. Better not let me go there...people call US MEAN? Sheesh
These are the snooty innkeepers our guests tell us about. Where is the love...

Arkansawyer said:
Joey Bloggs said:
How are they subsidizing the lower membership fee? Were they not able to take advantage of it as well? If you pay more, you get more. Classes are free or reduced price. Industry info is free or reduced price. The yearly conferences had reduced admission at higher levels.
That's just crap. Anyone who paid more had more advantages.

Arkansawyer said:
Joey Bloggs said:
How are they subsidizing the lower membership fee? Were they not able to take advantage of it as well? If you pay more, you get more. Classes are free or reduced price. Industry info is free or reduced price. The yearly conferences had reduced admission at higher levels.
Madeleine said:
Yes, higher membership levels have a few added perks. Free webinars and such. But I'm convinced several of them pay more, though they don't have to, just to support the organization. I can respect that, but don't like it when they then turn around and look down on the ones they are "subsidizing".

Arkansawyer said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Arkansawyer said:
Joey Bloggs said:
and they are "out" on that forum. Better not let me go there...people call US MEAN? Sheesh
These are the snooty innkeepers our guests tell us about. Where is the love...
Joey Bloggs said:
...and they are "out" on that forum. Better not let me go there....
I'm thinking you're right there!
Indeed, there are some tough old birds there, including a lot more men than here. About half of them are nice folks. The other half, not so much.

I'm thinking a nice InnRewards logo might be a good thing to replace the PAII logo on my website soon.
I'll confess that since my place wasn't open yet, I didn't bother to read all the info about innrewards. I was busy with other stuff and didn't need to be involved in the "working out the process" phase.
Now I'm ready. Seems like Bob sent me info some time back about logging in, but can't find it now. Can anybody give any thoughts about what I should do there, or should I just go to the website and click Join?

I'm thinking a nice InnRewards logo might be a good thing to replace the PAII logo on my website soon.
I'll confess that since my place wasn't open yet, I didn't bother to read all the info about innrewards. I was busy with other stuff and didn't need to be involved in the "working out the process" phase.
Now I'm ready. Seems like Bob sent me info some time back about logging in, but can't find it now. Can anybody give any thoughts about what I should do there, or should I just go to the website and click Join?.
Probably just as easy to join there now:)

Arkansawyer said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
Yes, higher membership levels have a few added perks. Free webinars and such. But I'm convinced several of them pay more, though they don't have to, just to support the organization. I can respect that, but don't like it when they then turn around and look down on the ones they are "subsidizing".
I know they had some 'fundraising' going on to underwrite BWTS. But that's a choice. If you choose it you don't get to run down people who don't.
Again, this is one reason why I feel it's a club I don't belong in.

Back