New photos

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't even notice the different stuff on the mantle in the different pix. See, I was so happy the little stuff was gone! Does that picture have a price tag on it in the lower left corner? There's a blotch of white. If you software will do it, I would color that in no matter what it is because I don't want to think stuff in the room is for sale if I'm booking this room.
If you put something else on the mantle, the basket was nice, not the glasses.

The first one. Looks like a different room from the first shoot..
Nope, same room. I hope you are saying second version better - but if not, say so 'cause I need to know). The second set is just with a flower only on manrle, Fruit basket also, and cider & goblets on mantle. Slightly different angles also.
FIrst one of the new shots looks best to me.

Second shoot, top photo definitely, but I think you would improve the overall feel if that framed picture were different. I actually like the cider and goblets that you have on the mantle in the third picture. The room feels comfy but, to me anyway, that picture is too stark, colors too bright and contrasting, and takes away from the overall comfy feel the room has..
No argument here re that picture. It beat the heck out of the cowboy boots or the motorcycles and I did not want to use the tent (no sense in reminding them about camping opportunities). I have to get DH to do some new paintings. I was hanging what I had available. Maybe the Williamsburg wheelbarrow or the Gunsmith at Williamsburg.....
Another idea for the picture...hang it lower or get a bigger one. It seems too small for the space. Could be the angle of the photo, tho.

Second shoot, top photo definitely, but I think you would improve the overall feel if that framed picture were different. I actually like the cider and goblets that you have on the mantle in the third picture. The room feels comfy but, to me anyway, that picture is too stark, colors too bright and contrasting, and takes away from the overall comfy feel the room has..
No argument here re that picture. It beat the heck out of the cowboy boots or the motorcycles and I did not want to use the tent (no sense in reminding them about camping opportunities). I have to get DH to do some new paintings. I was hanging what I had available. Maybe the Williamsburg wheelbarrow or the Gunsmith at Williamsburg.....
Another idea for the picture...hang it lower or get a bigger one. It seems too small for the space. Could be the angle of the photo, tho.
It was too small. Yes that was a price tag. I have very small tags tucked into the corners of the paintings. Only things in the house other than the "gift shop" that has a price - and the squirrel in the Harris Room has a NFS tag.
OK, changed out the painting. Better?
lrg_EmailAnother.jpg

It was too small. Yes that was a price tag. I have very small tags tucked into the corners of the paintings. Only things in the house other than the "gift shop" that has a price - and the squirrel in the Harris Room has a NFS tag.
lrg_EmailAnother.jpg

You lost the sun patch on the wall beside the window and the cider doesn't seem to show up very well. I like your previous effort better.

lrg_EmailAnother.jpg

You lost the sun patch on the wall beside the window and the cider doesn't seem to show up very well. I like your previous effort better.
This was just for the painting change out. Time of day made the diff with the wall patch. Will have to wait until Friday to try to duplicate the previous due to DH having a doc appt tomorrow morning. Morning sun as offposed to 4 PM is the diff.

lrg_EmailAnother.jpg

This was just for the painting change out. Time of day made the diff with the wall patch. Will have to wait until Friday to try to duplicate the previous due to DH having a doc appt tomorrow morning. Morning sun as offposed to 4 PM is the diff.
Picture is MUCH better. Not only is it softer in color, but the shape of the frame suits the mantle/room better. I think I'd still add the cider/glasses back in, but if your instinct says no, it's good as is.

lrg_EmailAnother.jpg

It almost looks like you decorated the room around that picture, it fits so well with the colors, and the replication of the door. There is such a nice balance with the pinks, greens, and wood tones. I think getting the sunshine back will really finish it!

lrg_EmailAnother.jpg

OK, this will sound odd...now it looks like the vase, the picture and the fireplace 'screen' have been 'photoshopped' into the photo. Something about the resolution of the photo? The lighting? I don't know.
I like this, but that bit of sunlight on the wall made the room seem more welcoming. (Picky bunch, aren't we!)

THis is a little confusing because the photos were changed in an older post, so reading some of the comments, they no longer apply.
Of the new photos (with the sun coming in and the gunsmith painting) I like the second one with only one item on the mantle. (but maybe that is just my anti-clutter thing... I like to see where I can put MY stuff.)

Moving this and changing back to eliminate confusion. Sorry. This photo is from yesterday afternoon after I changed the paintings..
lrg_EmailAnother.jpg

OK. Here are the 2 new photos from this morning - the morning light is on the wall again
lrg_EMailRosiNoFruit.jpg

EmailRosiSouter.jpg

OK. Here are the 2 new photos from this morning - the morning light is on the wall again
lrg_EMailRosiNoFruit.jpg

EmailRosiSouter.jpg
I like option 2 (shows the whole picture frame). However, I would crop down a little as it looks like you got, what? ceiling fan blades over the window.
Reiterating what others said, if the items on view (food and drink) are not included in the price of the room, they shouldn't be featured in such a way as to suggest they will be there for the guests. I know you do the fruit basket, but the bottles on the nightstand?
Which has me rethinking my 'wine' setup on one bed in one of the pix.

lrg_EMailRosiNoFruit.jpg

EmailRosiSouter.jpg
Of these two choices, I like #2 best. There is something in the upper right hand corner that can be cropped out, but I like the fruit basket, and the lighting, and the photo. The photo and frame looked weird in the second set of photos you took yesterday, not sure if it was light or angle or what. But it looked like it had been photoshopped into the photo.
Otherwise, I like! :)

lrg_EMailRosiNoFruit.jpg

EmailRosiSouter.jpg
Ugh, I hate to be the stick-in-the-mud on this, but I love the second photo; however, the wicker basket just does not fit. It's not the right texture for the room/photo. The vase looks elegant, the painting is the right shape and color combination, the curtains, light, bed all look so comfortable, but that basket .... I really think you need something on that side of the mandle and I think the cider and goblets was just the right touch, but if not that, then something other than the basket. A glass bowl of fruit might work.

Agree with everything Morticia said.
A different basket would probably be better... this one has an unusual shape, kind of leaning inward.
Maybe a little basket so that you can see what's in it?
Very, very nice... the changes you've made are a definite improvementn and it's really looking great!
=)
Kk.

Number two, but what if you did a flower arrangement that was short which could be centered under the picture? I think I would like that symmetry better.

lrg_EMailRosiNoFruit.jpg

EmailRosiSouter.jpg
I don't get it. I love the basket. It really fits the room. It's homey and country and it's the right size. And it looks like there are apples in it. What's more homey and country than apples?

Back