New photos

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
OK, Folks. Have at it. Which photo should I put up for Rosi's Room. I rearranged it, trading places with the dresser and the head of the bed. Only thing that worries me about this arrangement is the A/C goes in that window. I climbed out onto the front porch roof to take the one pic. Not sure I want to do that again - knees were NOT happy with me!
lrg_EmailRosiwChair.jpg

lrg_EmailRosiFromDoorway.jpg

lrg_EmailFromwindow.jpg

Personally, I like the second one. Can you do it at a different time of day so that the glare of the window isn't so bright?

I like the middle one, too. Crop off the door jamb on the right side. If you try the pix again, leave out the robe because it looks like you took the pic while the guest was still in the room. Another option is to fold it very neatly into a little 'package' and have it on the bed. (Altho I see the rose petals.)
Too much tchotchke on the mantel. Too many little things. The big vase of flowers is good, so maybe just that or a grouping of things at one end with that at the other. Little things don't photo well.
If you could angle a little differently and get the whole picture over the mantel, instead of cutting it off...
No need to stand out on the porch roof again!

I like the middle one, too. Crop off the door jamb on the right side. If you try the pix again, leave out the robe because it looks like you took the pic while the guest was still in the room. Another option is to fold it very neatly into a little 'package' and have it on the bed. (Altho I see the rose petals.)
Too much tchotchke on the mantel. Too many little things. The big vase of flowers is good, so maybe just that or a grouping of things at one end with that at the other. Little things don't photo well.
If you could angle a little differently and get the whole picture over the mantel, instead of cutting it off...
No need to stand out on the porch roof again!.
I will try again in the morning. DH didn't like the robe either. I thought I was doing a staging - guess the robe did not look the same in the new arrangement. That is why I try it here. I may change out that painting also. Have to look around to see what else we have ..... It is NOT going to be a motorcycle!

I like the second one too but I would try to get the entire picture over the mantel in. I like the flowers but not the robe. Love the bedding and room colors. It looks very comfy.

I agree. Middle with a re-shoot, might try when the sun is on the opposite side of the house.

When you re-shoot, make sure the vertical lines are vertical. (Notice the first two photos have a sort of fun-house feel to them because the vertical lines of the door frames look slanted. while the last photo doesn't have that feel because the are vertical.)
As far as composition goes..in terms of what is showing, I like the middle one.

I like the second one better but I don't like the robe hanging on the bed..looks sloppy.

I like the height and angle of Number 1 the best

Top one. The nice patch of sunlight on the wall is pleasing!

I'd go with Door #1. Looks like the right height. Looks pleasing to the eye. Love the flowers on the mantle. The painting is really a lot more noticable now. Way to go ! :)

The first one. Looks like a different room from the first shoot..
Nope, same room. I hope you are saying second version better - but if not, say so 'cause I need to know). The second set is just with a flower only on manrle, Fruit basket also, and cider & goblets on mantle. Slightly different angles also.

Nope, same room. I hope you are saying second version better - but if not, say so 'cause I need to know). The second set is just with a flower only on manrle, Fruit basket also, and cider & goblets on mantle. Slightly different angles also.
Forgive me for not taking the time to check your website, but is the cider included as part of your experience, or is it an add-on? If it's not included, I would not include it in the picture lest a guest feel misled when it's not there upon arrival. If it is photographed, either as an add-on or as an inclusion, I would have a close-up, secondary picture of the bottles and glasses to make it clear.

Forgive me for not taking the time to check your website, but is the cider included as part of your experience, or is it an add-on? If it's not included, I would not include it in the picture lest a guest feel misled when it's not there upon arrival. If it is photographed, either as an add-on or as an inclusion, I would have a close-up, secondary picture of the bottles and glasses to make it clear.
I give the cider & goblets to anniversary dinners. As in most inn photos some things are staged to enhance,

Second shoot, top photo definitely, but I think you would improve the overall feel if that framed picture were different. I actually like the cider and goblets that you have on the mantle in the third picture. The room feels comfy but, to me anyway, that picture is too stark, colors too bright and contrasting, and takes away from the overall comfy feel the room has.

Second shoot, top photo definitely, but I think you would improve the overall feel if that framed picture were different. I actually like the cider and goblets that you have on the mantle in the third picture. The room feels comfy but, to me anyway, that picture is too stark, colors too bright and contrasting, and takes away from the overall comfy feel the room has..
No argument here re that picture. It beat the heck out of the cowboy boots or the motorcycles and I did not want to use the tent (no sense in reminding them about camping opportunities). I have to get DH to do some new paintings. I was hanging what I had available. Maybe the Williamsburg wheelbarrow or the Gunsmith at Williamsburg.....

Back