New pictures, slightly different website layout

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonatainn

Reaction score
Hurray! I uploaded a few pictures of The Sonata Inn, an Inn in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada!
http://www.sonatainn.com/rooms.html
I changed the layout a tiny bit, and used some open sourced javascript to display the images. I used Jon design's Smooth gallery, which i found very easy to use.
I am getting more and more calls, emails, and booking engine conversions! I'm so excited!
If anyone is interested in using that javascript code, I would be more than happy to help anyone with it
Cheers

Beautiful. Great job on the photos, I hope they knock your door down wanting to stay with you. Thank you for sharing.

Great job!!! Looks beautiful! I like the lettering on your logo/inn name too!
RIki

Very pretty. Nice and crisp looking. I love PEI and hope I can go back again someday!
I'm surprised your rooms don't have "names".....
What is "aussi francais?"
=)
Kk.

Very pretty. Nice and crisp looking. I love PEI and hope I can go back again someday!
=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
Nous parlons aussi français!
just means " we also speak french"

=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
SeeBen21 said:
We say "Nous parlons Français (lentement!) Wir sprechen Deutch (langsam!)[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)] "[/COLOR]
I say I speak them slowly because I don't get a chance to speak anymore and get them mixed up sometimes.
Comes from living in Switzerland
They say, "Ciao Zamme" Hello in Italian, with the Swiss German equivalent of "y'all" when they greet you. And I can't spell the Swiss German because to my knowlege, it is not a written language and differs from city to city.
I remember my mother having trouble first moving there from Germany trying to purchase a skirt. She kept asking for it in german, and they finally said, "Ah! Ein jupe!" The whole sentence was german, but the word they used for skirt was french.
I loved it. No matter how badly I spoke they just figured I was from out of town!
RIki

This is a great improvement for your guests! It is SO nice to be able to see the whole room, I really like what you've done. Your place looks crisp, sleek, and modern but still with many warm touches. Good work!

Hahaha...Aussie French!
Thanks for the comments, I hope to include more pictures soon...Today, I had a very large breakfast group, who were willing to have their pictures taken, and placed on the website...so I'll be having a "BREAKFAST," section on the site as well!
I'm also working on a video tour of the place, so that I can place it on Youtube...that way I can include a few more backlinks to the website.
Exciting!

As YellowSocks noted above, I'm surprised you don't have room names. Have you thought about creating a sonata environment? You may have already done this, but it doesn't reflect on your website so I thought I would mention it. Of course it's only my opinion and you didn't even ask for it
embaressed_smile.gif
, so you can tell me to go fly a kite!
With an inn name of Sonata Inn you have the perfect opportunity to create some very simple yet elegant 'theme rooms".
You might consider some of these names for rooms: Beethoven wrote the Moonlight Sonata, Pathetique Sonata, Pastorale Sonata, Tempest Sonata and Impromptu Sonata.
Mozart wrote the Semplice Sonata, the Hunt Sonata.
I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones I could remember offhand.
It would be very easy and inexpensive to incorporate any of these themes...hang a piece of sheet music of the sonata on a wall and maybe a bust of the composer somewhere in the room, etc.

As YellowSocks noted above, I'm surprised you don't have room names. Have you thought about creating a sonata environment? You may have already done this, but it doesn't reflect on your website so I thought I would mention it. Of course it's only my opinion and you didn't even ask for it
embaressed_smile.gif
With an inn name of Sonata Inn you have the perfect opportunity to create some very simple yet elegant 'theme rooms".
You might consider some of these names for rooms: Beethoven wrote the Moonlight Sonata, Pathetique Sonata, Pastorale Sonata, Tempest Sonata and Impromptu Sonata.
It would be very easy and inexpensive to incorporate any of these themes...hang a piece of sheet music of the sonata on a wall and maybe a bust of the composer somewhere in the room, etc..
We have considered this...the Inn is kind of divded...old section...new section...there are three rooms in the old section that are unique to the rooms in the new section (they are all templated.)
I considered calling them the Allegro, Andante, and Moderato Rooms.
However, I find it is easier to simply state the type of room, rather than the unique room...because that way, I can move people around to accomodate longer stays. The amenities, and services are all there, but it would look a bit different than the picture, and I wouldn't want people to be disappointed if it doesn't look exactly like the photo.
I appreciate the advice though!

embaressed_smile.gif
It would be very easy and inexpensive to incorporate any of these themes...hang a piece of sheet music of the sonata on a wall and maybe a bust of the composer somewhere in the room, etc..
We have considered this...the Inn is kind of divded...old section...new section...there are three rooms in the old section that are unique to the rooms in the new section (they are all templated.)
However, I find it is easier to simply state the type of room, rather than the unique room...because that way, I can move people around to accomodate longer stays. The amenities, and services are all there, but it would look a bit different than the picture, and I wouldn't want people to be disappointed if it doesn't look exactly like the photo.
sonatainn said:
and then there is this...when you are open for a while you begin to call guests by their room names, trust me when I say for no other reason that is a very handy tool in your tool kit. When speaking to each other about a room or a guest.

Looks good! I love the panoramic room views. I can't stand B&B websites that have a single small picture of each room. Or worse yet, they only have 1 picture and not bother with pictures of the individual rooms.
Great inn name as well. I like the music theme.

embaressed_smile.gif
sonatainn said:
Do you have more than four rooms? I thought you had one of each. If you have more than one of each, then I like the Allegro, Andante, etc. Those are lovely names that could work.
I don't think I'd want to stay in Sonata Pathetique...
=)
Kk.

embaressed_smile.gif
sonatainn said:
Do you have more than four rooms? I thought you had one of each. If you have more than one of each, then I like the Allegro, Andante, etc. Those are lovely names that could work.
=)
Kk.
There are eleven rooms all together

embaressed_smile.gif
sonatainn said:
=)
Kk.
sonatainn said:
Ah... that explains why you don't have room names! I thought you had four rooms.... Eleven's way better!
=)
Kk.

embaressed_smile.gif
sonatainn said:
=)
Kk.
sonatainn said:
Ah... that explains why you don't have room names! I thought you had four rooms.... Eleven's way better!
=)
Kk.
Heh, you know, I may end up giving all the rooms names anyways....it would be a nice touch....but I don't think I would advertise them online....just explain to the guests once they check in.
The Allegro
The Andante
The Presto
The Dvorak (My faaavourite composer.)
The Mozart
The Beethovan
The Haydn
The Bach
The Strauss
The Brahms
The Listz
Yes, I am biased :p shoot me, I could only chose eleven!
Actually...I was thinking just now that perhaps instead of naming the rooms themselves (AND assigning it a number,) I could just change the names of the common areas to something cute.
Example: The Dvorak Dinning Room....The Mozart Mezzanine....The Fugue Family room? Alliteration anyone?
Hmm....the choices I have!

embaressed_smile.gif
sonatainn said:
=)
Kk.
sonatainn said:
=)
Kk.
Heh, you know, I may end up giving all the rooms names anyways....it would be a nice touch....but I don't think I would advertise them online....just explain to the guests once they check in.
The Allegro
The Andante
The Presto
The Dvorak (My faaavourite composer.)
The Mozart
The Beethovan
The Haydn
The Bach
The Strauss
The Brahms
The Listz
Yes, I am biased :p shoot me, I could only chose eleven!
Actually...I was thinking just now that perhaps instead of naming the rooms themselves (AND assigning it a number,) I could just change the names of the common areas to something cute.
Example: The Dvorak Dinning Room....The Mozart Mezzanine....The Fugue Family room? Alliteration anyone?
Hmm....the choices I have!
I think you're on to something there! I would definitely play up to musical theme (pun intended). Before my career as an innkeeper, I was a professional classical musician. In our room binders, there is a little bio of myself and my husband and our guests have a huge fascination with my past life, but more importantly, they really have a love of music and I get complements over and over about all the classical CDs I have in each room. There is definitely a market for this theme. Don't overdo it, you don't want it to be "stuffy".
By the way, when I looked at your website I thought you only had 4 rooms. Could there be a way you can communicate on your website that there are 11?

Back