New pix, comment now, please!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
OK, tell me what you think...I've got the room torn apart...starting with upper left to right, lower left to right, they are numbered 1-4. I can straighten out the quilt, how about the 'scene'? Oops, when saved they are in a line 1-4, top to bottom.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

PUT A TRAY - RIGHT THERE.. Coffee or tea (Picture me pointing).in that void on the bed, or lay a rose across it. By golly I think we've got it!
I know there is a pattern, if you photograph the bed then you have to photograph all of them that way. But this is highlighting the GOOD things in the rooms, the little table, the rockers, the windows, the lights, the wallpaper. The flowers made a huge diff as did the tabelcloth. Gave us a focal point.
Of course the mirror with reflection of the wall unit hvac is now the only distraction I see.

Have you, I know this sounds odd, GOT ONTO the bed to snap a photo - from the bed head so you eliminate the mirror reflection in the corner?

PUT A TRAY - RIGHT THERE.. Coffee or tea (Picture me pointing).in that void on the bed, or lay a rose across it. By golly I think we've got it!
I know there is a pattern, if you photograph the bed then you have to photograph all of them that way. But this is highlighting the GOOD things in the rooms, the little table, the rockers, the windows, the lights, the wallpaper. The flowers made a huge diff as did the tabelcloth. Gave us a focal point.
Of course the mirror with reflection of the wall unit hvac is now the only distraction I see..
A robe?

Of course the mirror with reflection of the wall unit hvac is now the only distraction I see..
A robe?
Bree said:
could work!

I like it! You could also try a throw blanket with a bit of color on a corner of the bed.
Do you have all the lights on in that room? To counterbalance the bright window, which makes that beautiful sitting corner look a little gloomy, you might want to try pointing a desk lamp or something with a movable neck at that top corner that's showing up dark in the photo because of the contrast (or take the contrast down in whatever photo-editing software you have).
Also, took me a couple seconds to figure out what that book was, since it looks connected to the vase. Move one to the right a bit, one to the left, so there's white space in between.
And (this is the nitpicky architectural photog in me) you may want to move the throw pillows to the other side of the rockers, so they're perpendicular to the camera instead of parallel. It'll make them look bigger and cushier.
If the mirror's bugging you, I don't think it'd detract if you took it out for the photo. It's just reflecting wallpaper right now, anyway.

I am sure the mirror is attached to the wall. If not, it would be dangerous. I would take it out too, if possible.

I like it! You could also try a throw blanket with a bit of color on a corner of the bed.
Do you have all the lights on in that room? To counterbalance the bright window, which makes that beautiful sitting corner look a little gloomy, you might want to try pointing a desk lamp or something with a movable neck at that top corner that's showing up dark in the photo because of the contrast (or take the contrast down in whatever photo-editing software you have).
Also, took me a couple seconds to figure out what that book was, since it looks connected to the vase. Move one to the right a bit, one to the left, so there's white space in between.
And (this is the nitpicky architectural photog in me) you may want to move the throw pillows to the other side of the rockers, so they're perpendicular to the camera instead of parallel. It'll make them look bigger and cushier.
If the mirror's bugging you, I don't think it'd detract if you took it out for the photo. It's just reflecting wallpaper right now, anyway..
Light fading fast here so I can try some of those shots again...

Getting there, but robe is indeciferable mostly.
Lamp competes with wall unit a/c. Book on chair is good!!!
Just throw a lobster on the bed and be done with it. HA HA

Different angle, shoes off, hubs shaking head...
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
I will crop out the 'stuff' on the sides, what about the content?
i like this one.
fogg.JPG

any chance you can back up just a smidge to show a little more of the bed?
can the rockers be pulled away from one another a bit? it almost looks like two people would be knocking knees.
for the picture, i'd unplug the ac and tape the cord up out of site rather than have it come down the wall.
i would put the book on the bed near the robe. do you have any red or yellow pillows for the rockers instead of or in addition to white?
i'd line up the blinds with the windows.
now ... where are those professional stagers i've seen on tv that you can hire to move stuff around your house? all stuff you already have, just rearranged so that it looks amazing!

5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
I like the last photo the best..though the lamp does compete with the air conditioner. Will it fit further back in the corner?
Can you just put a small lamp on the table with the flowers?
Don't like seeing the mirror reflection. And it needs to be a bit brighter/ lighter. Can you do any adjustments to your camera?

Just throw a lobster on the bed and be done with it. HA HA.
Ok, will try to answer everyone's questions at once...put the lamp there for light and to block A/C. Thought about taping up cord figured it would stick out like sore thumb. YOU try to line up those damn blinds. (just kidding, but it is the bane of my existence to get those lined up.) Will try again but light is about gone now. That may help with the reflection from the mirror.
So, when I get the perfect shot, how will you, as the guest, feel when the room doesn't look a thing like this?
wink_smile.gif

5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
I like the last photo the best..though the lamp does compete with the air conditioner. Will it fit further back in the corner?
Can you just put a small lamp on the table with the flowers?
Don't like seeing the mirror reflection. And it needs to be a bit brighter/ lighter. Can you do any adjustments to your camera?
No adjustments on camera, all lights on in room. Small lamp or tall lamp in photo? I think a small lamp on that table will tilt because the table is wicker and not level on top. Could stand lamp on book.

Ok, will try to answer everyone's questions at once...put the lamp there for light and to block A/C. Thought about taping up cord figured it would stick out like sore thumb. YOU try to line up those damn blinds. (just kidding, but it is the bane of my existence to get those lined up.) Will try again but light is about gone now. That may help with the reflection from the mirror.
So, when I get the perfect shot, how will you, as the guest, feel when the room doesn't look a thing like this?
wink_smile.gif

doesn't it look like that??
i bet it does.
haha ... i have old mini blinds and old windows and i can sooo relate.
wink_smile.gif

tell me something, when guests check in to that room what do they say? do they ever say, 'this is so much nicer (bigger) (brighter) than i thought it would be'
i think i will book a nite with you in the haunted room! i am not kidding when i say i get calls asking for this.

wink_smile.gif

Get rid of the mirror (doesn't seem useable or natural there) and then put the lamp against that wall. The attractivness of the lamp will draw the eye away from the AC which right now it is drawing it to the AC.

Guests move stuff in my rooms and I think, hey why didn't I think of that! I like it!
I am not about to go rephotograph and redo the website over it. And in fact, once a quilt is destroyed or worn out its welcome a new one goes on, I am not going to rephotograph every time I change them out. So in other words, no one will care or notice. They will book the room and be happy with it. Put your best foot - ahem, lamp or shade forward and the rest is not to worry about. It is HARD to make a room look good. I have one room that photographs the best and it is NOT the best room. There is one window, there is an adjoining door and a long doorway leading into the bathroom. BUT for some reason it photographs well. Another is lovely and photographs terrible. Poeple are ALWAYS surprised it is nicer than it looks online.
This winter...Now that I have the digital SLR I am hitting these rooms. Big time.

I like the picture best with the lamp. But try moving the lamp so it lines up with the corner. Infront of the AC draws attention to it rather than away.
I think robe distracts, but that is just me.
I would put the book on the table. I like table and cover

wink_smile.gif

The room WOULD look this way if you just left the cushions on the rockers....I really like the look of the room with a tablecloth on the table, don't want to sound mean, but I really don't like the look of the table plain, it looks too much like something a Grandma would have in her house, oh wait a minute, I am a Grandma!
teeth_smile.gif
I also think a throw would look better on the bed, I think the red silk robe looks out of place with the rest of the room. Could you use a hardback book and either leave it open, faced up or maybe 2 or 3 books stacked on top of each other at an angle on the table.

Back