New Rack Card Verbage

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banana

Reaction score
I'm designing new rack cards, and I can't get past this statement:
All guest rooms have private ensuite restrooms, furnished with all necessary amenities.
This comes after a bullet list of room features, which I'm content with. But I don't like the above sentence. First off, I don't know if it is ensuite, en-suite, or en suite. Second, can I use the word bathroom instead of restroom? I don't like restroom! And last, "furnished with all necessary amenities" just sounds...odd. I need a short sentence about the bathrooms - any suggestions, or corrections to this one?

How about "private ensuite bathrooms" and adding a bullet for quality bath amenities with room features

personally, i like
'All our guestrooms feature private, en-suite baths' (or private en-suite bathrooms)
... restroom to me is a public toilet

If you are in the US. ensuite is not quite familiar to everyone yet. It is in Europe but not here. You may get more questions than you want from that .
I would simply state. All our guest rooms have private baths.
KISS....Keep it simple. Dont put alot of text...we all know people don't read. Bullet statements / phrases are plenty. Get as many good photos on the card as you can.

Just saw private bathrooms. Leave out the blasted ensuite business. People! PLEASE! Unless you are in European country, even then a European will read Private Bath and know what that means.

Americans think ensuite means INSIDE THE ROOM, you know those guest rooms with a great big tub in the room?
Bathrooms s/b the least info on a rack card, IF AT ALL, "Elegant Guest Rooms all feature private baths" or something simple.
Dazzle them with photos!

I ended up with bullet points for room features and included "private baths with amenities" as an additional bullet point to the room stuff. Didn't see the sense in a different sentence for something so simple.
I'm just glad to have it done. Have been putting off doing new rack cards for a year. Now...on to taxes....SIGH!

If you are in the US. ensuite is not quite familiar to everyone yet. It is in Europe but not here. You may get more questions than you want from that .
KISS....Keep it simple. Dont put alot of text...we all know people don't read. Bullet statements / phrases are plenty. Get as many good photos on the card as you can..
catlady said:
KISS....Keep it simple. Dont put alot of text...we all know people don't read. Bullet statements / phrases are plenty. Get as many good photos on the card as you can.
Cannot just say 'private bath' if it is not in the room. We just had a person call to change their room when they read (finally) in their confirm that the 'private bathroom' was across the hall.

who suggested restrooms to you? just wondering .....
No one...that was in my lil' pumpkin head
regular_smile.gif

According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, it should be written as en suite. It is two separate words without a hyphen.

en suite: so as to form a suite : connected [FONT= 'Times New Roman']<bathroom en suite>[/FONT]; also : so as to make a matching set.

The term "restroom" is usually defined as a room providing toilets and lavatories. It becomes a bathroom when it provides facilities for bathing.

According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, it should be written as en suite. It is two separate words without a hyphen.

en suite: so as to form a suite : connected [FONT= 'Times New Roman']<bathroom en suite>[/FONT]; also : so as to make a matching set.

The term "restroom" is usually defined as a room providing toilets and lavatories. It becomes a bathroom when it provides facilities for bathing..
Thank you, Proud Texan!

Back