New reservation, restrictive diet (for us)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
No gluten, no dairy. One week.
We don't do veggies for breakfast. So I'm thinking eggs all week. I find that boring, but I don't care for eggs.
No info on what she will eat other than she wants it to be organic.
I've emailed a couple of times.
Peak summer, so they're will be more guests than just her with dietary restrictions.

I've made GF pancakes with water and a little oil. Muffins as well, use coconut milk instead.

I keep the GF mixes in the freezer between GF guests which keeps it fresh...too expensive to store otherwise.

Otherwise eggs & meat everyday.
I find we over think these things most the time.

Cheerios with soy milk.
Oatmeal.
GF corn bread with strawberry syrup.
I'd probable spring for a GF pancake mix.

Skinny Taste breakfast cookies.
2 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup uncooked quick oats
1/4 cup crushed walnuts
Preheat oven to 350. Spray a non-stick cookie sheet with cooking spreay.
Combine bananas and oats. Fold in walnuts.
Spoon onto cookie sheet.
Bake 15 minutes.

I would ignore the need for organic. I buy at the closest market. Whatever I can find. I don't worry about organic. And I can't start now.

I would make the "all organic" requirement an extra cost item. I use organic, but all organic is definitely extra.
Israeli Breakfast salad - It's easy and simple and you can have it for lunch if it's left over. Diced cucumber, tomato, pepper and onion. Add some yogourts, cheese, etc. Works with vegans, gf, df, etc. (No lettuce! Let them add salt and pepper to taste, no other dressing needed).

Potato pancakes - Use corn starch instead of bread crumbs. No dairy, pan fry.

Spanish omelette.... peel potatoes and slice, cook for 3 minutes in microwave. If using onion, fry onion. Then mix cooked sliced potato, onion (if using) and eggs and bake in oven for 30 minutes. Use an oven safe frying pan...just flip and serve.

Fritatta - Fried veggies, eggs, fry a bit then 30 minutes in oven.

Cheater's Shakshuka - And if you want a bit of wow.... by organic salsa (mild), put it into a pan with about 1/2 as much water, add a teaspoon or more of cumin. Bring to a slow boil then poach eggs in there. Serve poached eggs with tomato sauce

Olive Oil Fried Egg - Yes, olive oil. More oil than needed, spoon over sunny side up egg to cook top, let sides get a little brown.
Roger Vergé's Eggs - See https://food52.com/recipes/25625-roger-verge-s-fried-eggs-with-wine-vinegar but use olive oil instead of butter for DF.
And if you want something with carbs... buy the damn frozen GF Vegan waffles and put some nice fruit on top. :) They are great go to when you need something GF and/or Vegan.

I love eggs and would be just fine. Hard boiled, no oil for me thanks. And Bob's Red Mill gluten free oatmeal. And raisins. Gotta have raisins.

I love eggs and would be just fine. Hard boiled, no oil for me thanks. And Bob's Red Mill gluten free oatmeal. And raisins. Gotta have raisins..
Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Baking Mix has helped a lot. I can make pie and quiche with this. It works great in the Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. I use Bob's GF Cornbread mix a lot too.

I love eggs and would be just fine. Hard boiled, no oil for me thanks. And Bob's Red Mill gluten free oatmeal. And raisins. Gotta have raisins..
Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Baking Mix has helped a lot. I can make pie and quiche with this. It works great in the Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. I use Bob's GF Cornbread mix a lot too.
I had a GF a couple weeks ago. I just used Bob's Red Mill all-purpose instead of Gold Medal or Robin Hood and it was fine. I made Bob's brownie mix for a guest a few years ago and they were good.

Do you want ketchup with your tomatoes??
teeth_smile.gif

I'm sure she would be willing to pay for the all "organic" option. Or send her to the local grocery store to buy the fruit and veggies you need to make her breakfast and bring it back to you. Unless you advertise all organic she can not expect you to provide it.

I had a GF a couple weeks ago. I just used Bob's Red Mill all-purpose instead of Gold Medal or Robin Hood and it was fine. I made Bob's brownie mix for a guest a few years ago and they were good.
I'll have to try the brownie mix for the welcome snacks. :)

BTW, is coconut milk or almond milk yogourt available near you? Vegan, GF and of course it's no work at all. If not, just get some Almond Filk (Fake Milk) and make some of the chia pudding or flax seed pudding. (Chia is easier, because you don't need to grind it... flax needs to be ground). Again, vegan, GF and almost no work. You do it overnight, it just sits in the fridge until the morning where you pour it into cups. You can also make tapioca pudding. All vegan items. Just make sure you use vegan friendly sugar.

Back