New ResKey PDF feature

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
I notice that ResKey has added a new PDF feature where you can create a ResKey e-mail template, like one containing your policies, rental agreement, etc. Then from the guest's reservation screen, a PDF file can be generated from the contents of the email template, attached to a message, and sent to the guest, all with just a few clicks.
So you can dynamically generate a PDF document, where information is pulled into the PDF based on data saved in ReservationKey, like the guest's name(s), address, reservation dates, etc., and attach this to an e-mail and send it.
You ask the guest to print out this PDF, read the policies and sign it, and fax it to you. Then they have no leg to stand on if they show up with prohibited kids and pets and claim they never were informed of your policies.
Of course a few won't bother to do it, and some won't be computer literate enough to print a PDF and fax it, but it will work for most people.

I think this will work better with your longer term rentals than for the one nighter just blowing thru town. Given the number of guests who do not even OPEN the confirmation email.
Guests arriving this week who made an online rez for last month. Never even read the confirmation or the pop up screen with the info.

I think this will work better with your longer term rentals than for the one nighter just blowing thru town. Given the number of guests who do not even OPEN the confirmation email.
Guests arriving this week who made an online rez for last month. Never even read the confirmation or the pop up screen with the info..
Madeleine said:
I think this will work better with your longer term rentals than for the one nighter just blowing thru town.
Granted, it's not going to work in every situation (nothing does), but I don't see much to lose by trying it. If they don't send the registration form back by fax as you request, you get them to sign it upon arrival as you do now. But with those who DO cooperate, and that may be the majority, it could solve some problems by getting them to look over the policies before arrival!

Guests arriving this week who made an online rez for last month. Never even read the confirmation or the pop up screen with the info..
Madeleine said:
I think this will work better with your longer term rentals than for the one nighter just blowing thru town.
Granted, it's not going to work in every situation (nothing does), but I don't see much to lose by trying it. If they don't send the registration form back by fax as you request, you get them to sign it upon arrival as you do now. But with those who DO cooperate, and that may be the majority, it could solve some problems by getting them to look over the policies before arrival!
As a potential guest, .I don't have a fax and I don't intend to go out and find someone who does. Just playing devil's advocate here.

Madeleine said:
As a potential guest, .I don't have a fax and I don't intend to go out and find someone who does. Just playing devil's advocate here.
EmptyNest said:
Then you wouldn't send the fax. That's fine. Remember, this e-mail asking for faxing of the signed agreement comes after the reservation is made, so it's not a turn-off to people making the reservation. It's just an attempt to get people to read the policies and agree to them before arrival. If they follow through, great. if they don't, they still get to come, and sign the registration form when they arrive.
The whole point is to try to avoid some of the ones who arrive with kids or dogs that aren't allowed, and the disappointments and hassles they experience at being turned away, sometimes with forfeiture of their deposit or the cost of the whole stay.

Back