New signage

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
This is one of the signs we did with the new stencils. For the guests, I will have to take one farther back from the vantage point of the parking area. Altho, other than the lattice that needs a new coat of paint, I kind of like this angle. It shows what you're looking for to get in the house. I hope it alleviates some of the aimless wandering around I see happening as I go to open the door. The other stencil we got directs guests to the parking area. That one I will post on the website as a 'look for THIS' sign marker. This sign is more visible than I thought it would be so we can avoid painting footprints on the driveway to point the way. (Great idea, BTW, if you have multiple entrances and you want the guests to head for one in particular.)
entry.JPG

nice
You sound like me. Getting things how you want them 5 years later. ha.
The only reason it is happening now and not earlier is lack of guests. And last year, when we had all of this planned out, hubs had his heart 'thing' so we couldn't do any of our projects. Next week we scrape the paint on the front porch and rototill the mulch pile. Ooooh, another pic, hold on...
mulch.JPG
"A tulip grows in the mulch pile" (And in the background is a stand of bamboo. Strange place I live in...)

That entryway looks beautiful! Are you saying you painted and stenciled that sign yourself? It looks professionally done.

That entryway looks beautiful! Are you saying you painted and stenciled that sign yourself? It looks professionally done..
InnsiderInfo said:
That entryway looks beautiful! Are you saying you painted and stenciled that sign yourself? It looks professionally done.
Yes. Altho I had my reservations about how it would come out, hubs was adamant about not spending $300 for signs. Our parking directional sign was hit by a falling branch this winter and it split. So that had to be done as well. We got the stencils from Yankee Stencil in NH. Heavy mylar, reusable and they worked with us to get the correct spacing and shape. You use spray releasable adhesive to hold the stencil in place. I do have to say that the second can of that did not release as well as the first can and this sign here was done twice before it was acceptable.

That entryway looks beautiful! Are you saying you painted and stenciled that sign yourself? It looks professionally done..
InnsiderInfo said:
Yes. Altho I had my reservations about how it would come out, hubs was adamant about not spending $300 for signs. Our parking directional sign was hit by a falling branch this winter and it split. So that had to be done as well. We got the stencils from Yankee Stencil in NH. Heavy mylar, reusable and they worked with us to get the correct spacing and shape. You use spray releasable adhesive to hold the stencil in place. I do have to say that the second can of that did not release as well as the first can and this sign here was done twice before it was acceptable.
It looks great... hey a new business for you...:)

Really nice professional looking job. What type of material did you use for the sign and where did you get it?

Really nice professional looking job. What type of material did you use for the sign and where did you get it?.
Copperhead said:
Really nice professional looking job. What type of material did you use for the sign and where did you get it?
It's thick plywood with about 10 coats of paint on it. We had an extra sign in the basement, don't know why, so we didn't have to cut the wood out on our own. (Which we could have done given all the power tools in the basement!) The post is pressure treated 4x4 and it's stuck in the ground with one of those spikes that holds the post.
The stencil is from Yankee Stencil in NH. The paint was regular old spray paint. I would guess a power sprayer would work much better.
Every night hubs would go down into the basement and spray on another layer until the background was completely green. The lettering went much faster!

Really nice professional looking job. What type of material did you use for the sign and where did you get it?.
Copperhead said:
It's thick plywood with about 10 coats of paint on it. We had an extra sign in the basement, don't know why, so we didn't have to cut the wood out on our own. (Which we could have done given all the power tools in the basement!) The post is pressure treated 4x4 and it's stuck in the ground with one of those spikes that holds the post.
The stencil is from Yankee Stencil in NH. The paint was regular old spray paint. I would guess a power sprayer would work much better.
Every night hubs would go down into the basement and spray on another layer until the background was completely green. The lettering went much faster!
Did you seal the sign with outdoor polyurethane? I've noticed that one of the other inn's signs have not stood up & it's because they were never sealed with poly. Just a thought.... The sign looks SUPER!!!

Copperhead said:
Did you seal the sign with outdoor polyurethane? I've noticed that one of the other inn's signs have not stood up & it's because they were never sealed with poly. Just a thought.... The sign looks SUPER!!!
Samster said:
Sorry, forgot to mention that...yes, it is sealed as well as painted.

Back