New state website

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Check out the new VA Association site: http://www.stayva.org/
A new take. Wonder how much they paid to have it done. It took me a bit to get used to it., See what you think.
When you search, it brings up a short description and options to visit the inn's website. It is not clear that if you click on the inn photo, it will give you more information about the inn. Or did I miss something?

I like the website. They did a good job. When you mouse over or hover over the Inn pics, it brings up the hand pointer so you know that it is a link. I think it's pretty intuitive. I would be very pleased if I were an innkeeper in Va.
regular_smile.gif

Yes, different, but very nice. I'm sure it will be effective. I looked for lodging for tonight, but the town of my favorite inn did's show up on the list of towns and counties at the bottom of the page.

I like the website. They did a good job. When you mouse over or hover over the Inn pics, it brings up the hand pointer so you know that it is a link. I think it's pretty intuitive. I would be very pleased if I were an innkeeper in Va.
regular_smile.gif
"mouse over or hover over the Inn pics"....
Yes that is true, but I didn't mouse over anything...I was just looking at the page. I know ...DUH!
ANd for JB there is a map..but yes it is not convenient

I just started looking at the header images...
This is erroneous (not Mt Rogers), if you are here you are looking AT Mt Rogers, not on it) you know how I know this Empty Nest...
stayva.JPG

It looks very nice and appealing for outdoor recreation. Lots of good photographs, some stock photos from Va.org too.
Just clunky to search, I need a map doggoneit! I want to see a map, I don't want to try to work out name of city etc. If there is a map it was not easy to find, I didn't find it. (For BBAV, er StayVA if they are reading this) need a map to say "I want to stay somewhere over here" and then see a list of inns, or icons of inns to click for details.

Back