new system?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceecee

Reaction score
Hi All,
We currently use Rezovation. Has been ok for past 6 yrs, but suddenly charged $90 per mo. More than double. Appears we fall in a hole, less than 9 rooms, more than 4.
So where do we go from here? Any thoughts? We cannot and do not want to pay that. Along with authorize.net and the bank fee! We would have to refuse cc or raise rates.
Anyone using something for 7 rooms that is working?

BTW, no notice of fee increase and demanding contract to be signed in 2 weeks.

There has been alot of chat here about Reservation Key. Do a search and you will find all sorts of information. Lots of folks switching to it because of great customer support!

BTW, no notice of fee increase and demanding contract to be signed in 2 weeks..
I wonder if they are pulling this increase because they are axing the beta version of Webervations. The increase seems timely as they try and force them from Weber to Reso
RIki

We usually abbreviate it "ResKey". Search for that term (search box in the upper right corner of the screen) and you'll find lots of recommendations and discussions on it.

We are six rooms and switched to ResKey from Webervations 2.0, which is being shut down on Thursday. I am not surprised about how they are handling price increases - they announced that Web 2.0 would be shut down in January, then made absolutely no additional contact with any of us subscribers until last week about what to do next. This from the company that finds a way to send me at least one weekly email about inn-of-the-month, diamond collection, etc. If I hadn't been convinced by the price, I was certainly convinced by the customer service (from ResKey) and lack of it (from BandB.com).
Don't get me wrong, I'm still working through the kinks on ResKey - mostly because of my own ingrained habits from using Web for 8 years. But I hope to be much happier in the long run for making that switch. When BandB.com touts having a big company behind their products, I can say for sure that I saw no evidence of better support because of it.

We switched from Webervations to ReservationKey (using Authorize.net) and couldn't be happier. Our online reservations have dramatically increased even though we charge for a full night when they make their reservation.
What sucked was that when we dropped Webervations, we lost some of our perks on Bed and Breakfast.com and had to upgrade our level to get them back. I'm just not enamoured with their reservation system.

We switched from Webervations to ReservationKey (using Authorize.net) and couldn't be happier. Our online reservations have dramatically increased even though we charge for a full night when they make their reservation.
What sucked was that when we dropped Webervations, we lost some of our perks on Bed and Breakfast.com and had to upgrade our level to get them back. I'm just not enamoured with their reservation system..
Proud Texan said:
What sucked was that when we dropped Webervations, we lost some of our perks on Bed and Breakfast.com and had to upgrade our level to get them back. I'm just not enamoured with their reservation system.
Fought to not renew BandB.com and now I get postcards, emails, letters...all within a couple weeks of not-renewing, and specifically telling them why. They are your best friend when you don't pay for them...DOH!
Hasta la vista baby...I went back to test the waters, but am fairly certain NADA from them, other than people demanding to use the gc's, which they do whether you are on there or not.

What sucked was that when we dropped Webervations, we lost some of our perks on Bed and Breakfast.com and had to upgrade our level to get them back. I'm just not enamoured with their reservation system..
Proud Texan said:
Fought to not renew BandB.com and now I get postcards, emails, letters...all within a couple weeks of not-renewing, and specifically telling them why. They are your best friend when you don't pay for them...DOH!
Hasta la vista baby...I went back to test the waters, but am fairly certain NADA from them, other than people demanding to use the gc's, which they do whether you are on there or not.
Joey Bloggs said:
There is that infamous innkeeper who instead of cashing in the GC from BB.com collected them all and tried to use them at other B&Bs. I always wondered if she declared the income and paid the taxes on them....

dang.. that is quite expensive. I pay 10 bucks for 8 rooms with roomsy.com lol
Jaeyun, Please follow the forum rules as it pertains to vendors. You have to operate in plain view and not try to misrepresent yourself as an innkeeper. This will be your only warning.

Back