New TripAdvisor policies?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep in mind you can't 'drop them.' Even if you no longer pay them, your listing is still out there.

(I'm only pointing this out for newbies who think you can 'opt out' of having your property show up on TA.)
Yes, but im still getting bookings from people finding me on their site. A lot of people are starting to figure out that they get better rates and service by booking direct. They are figuring out that just because it says we are booked. Most likely we are not. So we get the free advertising from TA without any cost at all. Its our jobs to inform people and take make regular FB post about how this works and to please book direct for better rates and better service.

Sorry for the length, lots to cover...

If someone has a listing with a national directory that is bringing you tons of revenue (actual revenue, not just traffic) I'd love to hear about it as all my data says none of them are rocking it.

Scott

We have been with BBOnline for 16 years. During this time of scanty searches, they've become a top referrer. Googling "Our Town Bed & Breakfasts" they appear 4th in the list (just after our listing). We're only paying them $200 a year, which means just one high season booking more than covers them. For whatever, reason they are now performing much better than over past years.

I just reactivated by bbonline account for a year based on your recommendation. I stopped it in 2017 because I wasn't getting any clickthrus or reservations, but we'll give them a go for a year.

FYI, for those that are renewing a Business Advantage account (and that's fewer and fewer every year), TA now sneaks in a full payment instead of allowing you to break up your payment monthly. We had been paying monthly, and when our renewal came this week they dinged us for the full annual amount. Whoever's running the show there is really dedicated to severing any relationship the company has with its customers.

I just reactivated by bbonline account for a year based on your recommendation. I stopped it in 2017 because I wasn't getting any clickthrus or reservations, but we'll give them a go for a year.
I have been listed with bbonline since 2004 and got enough business to make it worth the money until recently. Referrals have steadily decreased over the last few years. I gave it one last chance in 2020 and got one referral. I think I am done with bbonline.

I think those sites are finished. They have very little traffic anymore. Save your money.

FYI, for those that are renewing a Business Advantage account (and that's fewer and fewer every year), TA now sneaks in a full payment instead of allowing you to break up your payment monthly. We had been paying monthly, and when our renewal came this week they dinged us for the full annual amount. Whoever's running the show there is really dedicated to severing any relationship the company has with its customers.
I got our annual renewal notice last week and the rate was more than last year's negotiated rate, so I sent an email to our Business Rep. He called yesterday, lowered the rate back down to last year, plus offered it to be paid on the monthly plan (with no additional up charge). So will now be paying $75 a month for six rooms.

Back