new twist on a scam

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen

Reaction score
We get these scams every day but this one struck me as funny:
"Hello,
I am Dr.Jeff Adams. I want to book Lunch for 15 guests from my Department arriving to your country. We will all come for Lunch on November 4th, 5th and 6th by 2.00pm each day. Get back me with your Menu if there is availability so that I can get our sponsors to make a certified cheque or credit card payment for our Lunch.
Jeff Adams"
All the way to Pittsboro for Lunch!!!

Well they plan on eating a lot for lunch & traveling far and wide to get it... I got the same email...

First clue, they can't spell and their grammer is incorrect ... one would think that they would have come up with something new by now but I guess if ONE place / person falls for it then that's all they want ..... and I can't even feel sorry for anyone anymore that DOES fall for it because (1) it has been around for so long and (2) as my late father would say "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is" ....

YEah..funny for sure. That one would hit the trash faster than an eye blink :)

wink_smile.gif
They probably heard about your fabulous breakfasts and so figured lunch would be equally amazing.

Back