New washer & dryer...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bree said:
'We should give it a name.' And immediately we both said, 'Hal'.
Then laughed hysterically.
Just what do you think you're doing, Bree?
Actually, I've never seen that movie but dh has quoted it sooooo many times in the past 20 years!
=)
Kk..
What movie are you talking about?
I thought for sure "Hal" was short for Hallelujah!
emspiers said:
What movie are you talking about?
I thought for sure "Hal" was short for Hallelujah!
2001- A Space Odyssey. The computer's name was HAL. He wasn't a good computer.

I am thinking we might have similar machines. I like ours, run it on a shorter wash, 31 minutes. Only have room for one set of sheets, and when it is the king bed, top and bottom are done separately.
I also thought it would have washed a larger load. I seem to stuff in the towels though, not sure why my brain thinks that's ok, but not ok to stuff in sheets.
I wash on the sani cycle for some sheet wash when "crunchy stuff" has been left behind.
Forgot to add: the washer likes to walk and attempts to shake anything on top off. Ours do not stack.

After reading this, I'm really glad I had no choice but the Bosch units - I was restricted in how big of a "cube" I could shove down the bow hatch to bring the units in.
All the things that used to tangle, especially bras and bathing suits, just don't anymore - not a single one. I was really surprised by that. They are quiet and I don't get any vibration or shaking from them.
As hard as it was to get my hands on a pair of those (waited for MONTHS), I bet that when I need parts, I'll be cursing them.

So what's the verdict, do you like it?.
swirt said:
So what's the verdict, do you like it?
It has a really BIG door opening but that's about the difference from what I had before. (Well, this one WORKS, that's a big diff!) I can still only get 2 sets of sheets in it. (4.3 cu ft capacity) It still wrinkles the heck out of everything. Everything is still tangled and the stuff in the middle of the tangle is still wet out of the dryer. So, nothing different. I guess I have to wait until I have a comforter to clean and see how that comes out.
I did sheets yesterday and pulled one sheet and they all fell on the floor. Again, nothing different from before. I guess I was expecting magically that a bigger washer & dryer would mean an end to the tangles and everything falling on the floor. Still, I have been able to bake while the laundry is running and I'm not sitting in the laundromat all afternoon.
I've tried the sanitizer cycle. 2 hours. Not sure if it's worth it. Maybe if it was another pee party, I could use that. Everything is clean as far as I can see, so I'm happy about that.
The installation left something to be desired because it squeaks something fierce while tumbling the wash. I'm going ot have to jam something in there between the washer & dryer (they're stacked).
That doesn't seem right...ours is 3/4 of the capacity of yours and can do three sets of queen sheets without a problem.

swirt said:
It has a really BIG door opening but that's about the difference from what I had before. (Well, this one WORKS, that's a big diff!) I can still only get 2 sets of sheets in it. (4.3 cu ft capacity) It still wrinkles the heck out of everything. Everything is still tangled and the stuff in the middle of the tangle is still wet out of the dryer. So, nothing different. I guess I have to wait until I have a comforter to clean and see how that comes out.
I did sheets yesterday and pulled one sheet and they all fell on the floor. Again, nothing different from before. I guess I was expecting magically that a bigger washer & dryer would mean an end to the tangles and everything falling on the floor. Still, I have been able to bake while the laundry is running and I'm not sitting in the laundromat all afternoon.
I've tried the sanitizer cycle. 2 hours. Not sure if it's worth it. Maybe if it was another pee party, I could use that. Everything is clean as far as I can see, so I'm happy about that.
The installation left something to be desired because it squeaks something fierce while tumbling the wash. I'm going ot have to jam something in there between the washer & dryer (they're stacked).
That doesn't seem right...ours is 3/4 of the capacity of yours and can do three sets of queen sheets without a problem.
swirt said:
Right. Which is why I looked up the model number once it was installed (making sure we got the right one!) Right model, just not as big as I thought it would be. Because the other one was a full cu ft smaller so I could understand the whole 2 sheet sets only thing. I figured the third set would be a breeze in this one.
Although, today I have stuffed in one queen set, one twin set and one each of the blankets for those beds. And there was plenty of room.
Now I am off to stuff in the mattress pads and see how that goes. I know EXACTLY how poorly the mattress pads fit in the other washer!

swirt said:
swirt said:
Right. Which is why I looked up the model number once it was installed (making sure we got the right one!) Right model, just not as big as I thought it would be. Because the other one was a full cu ft smaller so I could understand the whole 2 sheet sets only thing. I figured the third set would be a breeze in this one.
Although, today I have stuffed in one queen set, one twin set and one each of the blankets for those beds. And there was plenty of room.
Now I am off to stuff in the mattress pads and see how that goes. I know EXACTLY how poorly the mattress pads fit in the other washer!
OK, I just stuffed in the largest mattress pad I have and it fit comfortably, with room to move around so I'm trying 3 sets of sheets again. Maybe I just didn't push them in hard enough!
What I really like is the gasket isn't black and when I pull things out they don't end up with 'tire marks' on them. I'm trying the sanitizer cycle again to see if it will take out the tire marks on this mattress pad.
Bad thing about the sanitizer is I put all my towels in yesterday just to try it out and even tho these are all fairly old towels (mine, of course) the white ones are now sorta gray from the other towels bleeding from the heat, something I thought they were well past doing.

If it's a front loading machine, you'll be surprised at how much you can STUFF in there versus a top loading machine that has a twisting agitator in the center. In the frontloaders, you'll be thinking you're overloading it, but you're not. They hold a LOT for their size.

swirt said:
swirt said:
OK, I just stuffed in the largest mattress pad I have and it fit comfortably, with room to move around so I'm trying 3 sets of sheets again. Maybe I just didn't push them in hard enough!
What I really like is the gasket isn't black and when I pull things out they don't end up with 'tire marks' on them. I'm trying the sanitizer cycle again to see if it will take out the tire marks on this mattress pad.
Bad thing about the sanitizer is I put all my towels in yesterday just to try it out and even tho these are all fairly old towels (mine, of course) the white ones are now sorta gray from the other towels bleeding from the heat, something I thought they were well past doing.
Bree said:
Just a thought... at Tuesday Morning they have signs that say that dryer heat destroys towels (or at least, makes them wear out a LOT faster). I started drying my towels on delicate and was happy to find they still dry in about the same amount of time!
Don't know how the sanitize heat affects them, though. Sometimes sanitizing is clearly required, but bleach is a sanitizer, too.
=)
Kk.

If it's a front loading machine, you'll be surprised at how much you can STUFF in there versus a top loading machine that has a twisting agitator in the center. In the frontloaders, you'll be thinking you're overloading it, but you're not. They hold a LOT for their size..
OK, just crammed in 2 queen sets + 2 queen blankets and no problem closing the door. I guess I'm still wondering about how clean everything is going to get.

swirt said:
swirt said:
Bree said:
Just a thought... at Tuesday Morning they have signs that say that dryer heat destroys towels (or at least, makes them wear out a LOT faster). I started drying my towels on delicate and was happy to find they still dry in about the same amount of time!
Don't know how the sanitize heat affects them, though. Sometimes sanitizing is clearly required, but bleach is a sanitizer, too.
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Bree said:
=)
Kk.
I was really just playing with the settings when I did that. It heats the water to 158 (I think).

Back