New Webervations

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed this thread has gone quiet, so I hope nobody minds if I bring it back to life for a little bit. I have been using the new Webervations for about three months now, other than a few annoying bugs, it is by far (IMHO) a terrific program. I like the look and feel of the GUi, it certainly has a more professional appearance than the old. I especially like the addon section, since we do a lot of reservation addons, it certainly puts the options of upselling packages and service directly in front of the guests. As with any new program it has several bugs, as I said earlier, but nothing yet that I can not find a work around. The only major thing missing is the ability to allow my guests to book packages. The older version did this well, the new one has not implimented this feature yet, although they promise it is coming soon..
I went on it six months ago, and I haven't tried out many of the features that I had problems with in the beginning so it may be that some of the bugs have been fixed. For sure, the guest sees a better interface with the new Webervations, and has from the beginning of it. My issues have been with the innkeeper end of things. Some things are not intuitive and the help function is non-existent. Calling for help on every little thing just frustrates me, and I don't do it. I like enough of the features that I wouldn't go back, but I still maintain that they let it out before it was ready. At conference in January it was supposed to be only four weeks away from general release. It's September now.
I certainly agree with you on the timing. I have had many calls to them them and they are very good at helping out. I have found many issues, but not enough, as you said, to ever go back.
Have you checked out the reporting feature? It is nice to see what guest are doing and what dates etc., they are looking at.

I noticed this thread has gone quiet, so I hope nobody minds if I bring it back to life for a little bit. I have been using the new Webervations for about three months now, other than a few annoying bugs, it is by far (IMHO) a terrific program. I like the look and feel of the GUi, it certainly has a more professional appearance than the old. I especially like the addon section, since we do a lot of reservation addons, it certainly puts the options of upselling packages and service directly in front of the guests. As with any new program it has several bugs, as I said earlier, but nothing yet that I can not find a work around. The only major thing missing is the ability to allow my guests to book packages. The older version did this well, the new one has not implimented this feature yet, although they promise it is coming soon..
I went on it six months ago, and I haven't tried out many of the features that I had problems with in the beginning so it may be that some of the bugs have been fixed. For sure, the guest sees a better interface with the new Webervations, and has from the beginning of it. My issues have been with the innkeeper end of things. Some things are not intuitive and the help function is non-existent. Calling for help on every little thing just frustrates me, and I don't do it. I like enough of the features that I wouldn't go back, but I still maintain that they let it out before it was ready. At conference in January it was supposed to be only four weeks away from general release. It's September now.
I certainly agree with you on the timing. I have had many calls to them them and they are very good at helping out. I have found many issues, but not enough, as you said, to ever go back.
Have you checked out the reporting feature? It is nice to see what guest are doing and what dates etc., they are looking at.
I haven't worked through all the reports, but I like the ones I've used so far. We use Quickbooks for all our accounting and taxes, so I don't really depend on Webervations for that. I am a little obsessed
embaressed_smile.gif
with the statistics page and like looking at that to see what people are doing online - who's checking for a single Saturday night, how many no vacancies are popping up, who's messing up with the calendar and checking for next year instead of next month.
I didn't have any old guest management system to switch from, so I would guess I am less frustrated than others who may switch from something else. For me, it's a lot of extra information accessible in more ways than I had before, so I'm happy about that.
One example of a bug that still frustrates me: you cannot click a whole day 'full' with a single checkmark on the availability calendar - that action returns a Microsoft VB error (and don't even get me started on the fact that they are using Microsoft VB, a hack language!). I reported that to them in my first few days of using the new version, and it still isn't fixed.

Piperman said:
I noticed this thread has gone quiet, so I hope nobody minds if I bring it back to life for a little bit. I have been using the new Webervations for about three months now, other than a few annoying bugs, it is by far (IMHO) a terrific program. I like the look and feel of the GUi, it certainly has a more professional appearance than the old. I especially like the addon section, since we do a lot of reservation addons, it certainly puts the options of upselling packages and service directly in front of the guests. As with any new program it has several bugs, as I said earlier, but nothing yet that I can not find a work around. The only major thing missing is the ability to allow my guests to book packages. The older version did this well, the new one has not implimented this feature yet, although they promise it is coming soon.
I have been waiting for 2 years for it, still using the old prgm, any idea when the regilar users of weberv get to upgrade to the new version?

That's good to hear Piperman. Thanks for sharing. Can you clarify the difference between add-ons (which are working) and packages (which are not)?
Packages are all inclusive item ie: 2 nights stay, dinner for two in our restaurant, flowers, etc.. Old webervations let me set a price, let's say $500 - all the guest needs to do from my website is pick the package they want, and webervations would book it automatically.
Addons - When a guest picks a room, the next screen they see is a addons page - they can add a picnic lunch for $30, a Wine, Fruit & Cheese platter for $60, etc...Webervations add it on to their total tab and we get an email not only telling me about the room booking, but also the addons items the guest ordered.
This function is wonderful for us as many guest use it and it can add a good little profit to your bottom line. When they arrive whatever they ordered is waiting for them. no phone call needed
Piperman said:
Packages are all inclusive item ie: 2 nights stay, dinner for two in our restaurant, flowers, etc.. Old webervations let me set a price, let's say $500 - all the guest needs to do from my website is pick the package they want, and webervations would book it automatically.
Addons - When a guest picks a room, the next screen they see is a addons page - they can add a picnic lunch for $30, a Wine, Fruit & Cheese platter for $60, etc...Webervations add it on to their total tab and we get an email not only telling me about the room booking, but also the addons items the guest ordered.
This function is wonderful for us as many guest use it and it can add a good little profit to your bottom line. When they arrive whatever they ordered is waiting for them. no phone call needed
So add ons are working, tho is this correct? I need those on there.

That's good to hear Piperman. Thanks for sharing. Can you clarify the difference between add-ons (which are working) and packages (which are not)?
Piperman said:
So add ons are working, tho is this correct? I need those on there.
You can put add-ons on the old Webervations, right? I remember having a checklist at the bottom of the reservation form that had the add-ons listed. No pics or anything - the new version is better there - but you could do it. It's under 'store' or something like that.

I haven't worked through all the reports, but I like the ones I've used so far. We use Quickbooks for all our accounting and taxes, so I don't really depend on Webervations for that. I am a little obsessed
embaressed_smile.gif
with the statistics page and like looking at that to see what people are doing online - who's checking for a single Saturday night, how many no vacancies are popping up, who's messing up with the calendar and checking for next year instead of next month.
I didn't have any old guest management system to switch from, so I would guess I am less frustrated than others who may switch from something else. For me, it's a lot of extra information accessible in more ways than I had before, so I'm happy about that.
One example of a bug that still frustrates me: you cannot click a whole day 'full' with a single checkmark on the availability calendar - that action returns a Microsoft VB error (and don't even get me started on the fact that they are using Microsoft VB, a hack language!). I reported that to them in my first few days of using the new version, and it still isn't fixed.
I don't use their management or billing system, we have a seperate system we use internally, but like you, I am obsessed with the stats page. It actually help me decide when to open certain weekends for one nighters as well as other things. That VB error kills me too, it's been way too long since it was reported and still no fix.

Piperman said:
I noticed this thread has gone quiet, so I hope nobody minds if I bring it back to life for a little bit. I have been using the new Webervations for about three months now, other than a few annoying bugs, it is by far (IMHO) a terrific program. I like the look and feel of the GUi, it certainly has a more professional appearance than the old. I especially like the addon section, since we do a lot of reservation addons, it certainly puts the options of upselling packages and service directly in front of the guests. As with any new program it has several bugs, as I said earlier, but nothing yet that I can not find a work around. The only major thing missing is the ability to allow my guests to book packages. The older version did this well, the new one has not implimented this feature yet, although they promise it is coming soon.
I have been waiting for 2 years for it, still using the old prgm, any idea when the regilar users of weberv get to upgrade to the new version?
if you don't mind the little bugs here and there, I work around them, then from my understanding all you need to do is call them and ask for the switch.

it's STILL not available to me.
by the time the upgrade becomes available, i won't be an innkeeper any more!!!
Not available yet for me too.

Back