New Website, Comments Please!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks very nice. My only comment is that the vintage picture made me want to see what it looked like... now. So if you could have the picture rotate between that and a picture taken from exactly the same location, now... I would have been sold. Or a link/picture that showed me what that same perspective looked like today. In my inate curiosity, I actually clicked that picture in hopes that it would take me to see a before/after image.
On the other hand, not having the picture, might get those who are extremely curious to book..
GBManor said:
In my inate curiosity, I actually clicked that picture in hopes that it would take me to see a before/after image.
I am glad to know I wasn't the only one who tried that
embaressed_smile.gif

Just remember this is not open for business, they are getting the web presence in place now. I am sure new and update images will come as soon as they can take them! So the AFTER images will have to be when there is an AFTER image.
teeth_smile.gif

So until then might be handy to have some GRAND REOPENING COMING SOON! across the header...

Just remember this is not open for business, they are getting the web presence in place now. I am sure new and update images will come as soon as they can take them! So the AFTER images will have to be when there is an AFTER image.
teeth_smile.gif

So until then might be handy to have some GRAND REOPENING COMING SOON! across the header....
You are right JB, the lodge is not open. When the page was initially put together, the after picture of the lodge was at the top of the sidebar. I was afraid that was confusing as to what we were marketing, so we moved the photo of the "after" way down to the bottom of the first page. It looks a little bare, because I took it in early Nov. We had just gotten the windows back in! There is a really cool before and after blog post for those who want the whole nitty-gritty!

Looks very nice. My only comment is that the vintage picture made me want to see what it looked like... now. So if you could have the picture rotate between that and a picture taken from exactly the same location, now... I would have been sold. Or a link/picture that showed me what that same perspective looked like today. In my inate curiosity, I actually clicked that picture in hopes that it would take me to see a before/after image.
On the other hand, not having the picture, might get those who are extremely curious to book..
I like that idea for the future. There is a small photo of the lodge all the way down at the bottom of the page, or check out the blog!

GBManor said:
On the other hand, not having the picture, might get those who are extremely curious to book.
I agree GB - In fact I came here to post almost word for word of your post! I think that the old picture will entice some that remember visiting years ago, but for people wanting to visit for the 1st time, they will want to see it as it is today first! People love nostalgia but they want to know the comforts of today have been taken care of.
White Pine - WOW, ya'll have been working your tails off. What a undertaking. Hats off to you and yours.
I like the idea of the "grand re-opening coming soon" on the page. It will keep people coming back to see when!

It looks amazing! What a commanding building you have there. I too was not a huge fan of the old photo and did not want to say anything. History is neat but it took up my whole page before the fold and might increase the bounce rate.

I love it! Beautiful. I too had misgivings about the JUST the OLD photo being on the home page, Would look really nice to have a flash...fade into the new look.

I love it! Beautiful. I too had misgivings about the JUST the OLD photo being on the home page, Would look really nice to have a flash...fade into the new look..
I will talk to Marta about this. Do you think the snow photo is OK? I like it best. I have one which shows the lodge well in early Nov. but now leaves, and it looks very unfinished, it is at the bottom of the webpage. The only other good one I have has photo shopped windows:
gp%20Birch%20Lodge%2C%20Trout%20Lake%2C%20MI.jpg

It looks amazing! What a commanding building you have there. I too was not a huge fan of the old photo and did not want to say anything. History is neat but it took up my whole page before the fold and might increase the bounce rate..
Please! Don't worry about telling the truth. I really want to know how to make it better, if I didn't want honesty, I wouldn't have posted it here!
wink_smile.gif

Get your site up if it isn't already. You can always keep tweaking it! You need to get your history going....

Get your site up if it isn't already. You can always keep tweaking it! You need to get your history going.....
It is up, but not done. Just wanted to see how it struck people and get some feedback into where we can improve it right now. Still a great deal to do, but we have come a long ways. Thanks

Back