New Website

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowpondgj

Reaction score
We just launched our new website if you'd like to see....
wow.gif

www.willowpondbnb.com
Mostly just streamlined and tried to make the info easier to find, added a couple flash slideshows as well as utilizing our blog for ease of updating stuff...

It seems like the home page is a lot shorter? Am I remembering that correctly?
The 'location' page is a bit hard to read (I'm old). The script font with the yellow color against the blue background is too contrasting. Maybe if the font were slightly larger? The font/color combo with the lighter blue to the left is fine. Altho, the distances list is hard again. I think it's the font/size that's the problem for me.
I like the breakfast page(s). Couldn't find the blog, is there a link? (No one can find mine, either, something I'm working on.) Never mind, I found it...larger than life...
Is it possible to not have the entire background be black? Maybe the lighter blue for some contrast?

Is there some sort of explanation for 'Mike the headless chicken' days?

Looks like you sacrificed old pages and created new ones, with new file names. That's a bad idea. If you can avoid it, never abandon existing pages.
Your old pages still exist. The new pages should be renamed to the old pages if possible. If not, the old pages should be properly redirected to the new pages. This shoud be done soon...some of the effect may already be too late.

The title on your home page is insanely long (overestuffed) and is the same on every page (at least the few I hopped around on).
Willow Pond Bed and Breakfast-Grand Junction Colorado-Lodging near Fruita, Palisade, Wine Tasting, wine, inns, B & B, willowpond, western slope, eco-friendly, environmentally friendly, green, hotel, weddings, in, Winefest, peachfest, wineries, orchards, country jam, art, music,dulcimer, national monument, bookcliffs, rafting, biking, hiking, golf, Mesa State College, St Marys, community hospital, Powderhorn, Western Botanical Gardens, horses, house concert, theater, mountains, olathe corn, dinosaur, mike headless chicken days, chamber of commerce, fat tire fest, classes, cooking, farmers market,organic,food,farm,wildlife,water,bird,hummingbird,vegetarian,online,furniture,news,herbs,vegetables,fruit,apricots,pears,apples,honey,luxury,recipe,bread,giftcertificate,spa,massage,map,chocolate,kosher,catering,local,eggs,fresh
You are also missing a meta-description.

The title on your home page is insanely long (overestuffed) and is the same on every page (at least the few I hopped around on).
Willow Pond Bed and Breakfast-Grand Junction Colorado-Lodging near Fruita, Palisade, Wine Tasting, wine, inns, B & B, willowpond, western slope, eco-friendly, environmentally friendly, green, hotel, weddings, in, Winefest, peachfest, wineries, orchards, country jam, art, music,dulcimer, national monument, bookcliffs, rafting, biking, hiking, golf, Mesa State College, St Marys, community hospital, Powderhorn, Western Botanical Gardens, horses, house concert, theater, mountains, olathe corn, dinosaur, mike headless chicken days, chamber of commerce, fat tire fest, classes, cooking, farmers market,organic,food,farm,wildlife,water,bird,hummingbird,vegetarian,online,furniture,news,herbs,vegetables,fruit,apricots,pears,apples,honey,luxury,recipe,bread,giftcertificate,spa,massage,map,chocolate,kosher,catering,local,eggs,fresh
You are also missing a meta-description..
See, some of us look at the obvious potential guest stuff on a web site & you look at the nuts & bolts. Which is why we call you the Grand Poopah
teeth_smile.gif
, or whatever....

You are also missing a meta-description..
See, some of us look at the obvious potential guest stuff on a web site & you look at the nuts & bolts. Which is why we call you the Grand Poopah
teeth_smile.gif
, or whatever....
Which is why we call you the Grand Poopah
teeth_smile.gif
, or whatever....
I'm kind of partial to "whatever" ;)

seashanty said:
well baby wirt or bwirt would actually be the grand poop-ah
The sound that "ah" takes the place of in "Maine-ese" is our "er". That would make bwirt a "grand poop-er" ;)

well a baby wirt would actually be a grand poop-ah
swirt would be the grand pooba -- or pooh bear?

Nice job.
I only clicked for a second like a guest would and my 2 cents are (since you asked):
#1 LARGER PICS (I don't wear glasses and have a large screen with high rez and cannot see them well) - I would say TWICE as large would be what I would want to see.
#2 the titles on the left need to be a larger font (same reason as #1) Comments on the side bar are 13.5 yet links of the titles are 8.5 - I would reverse that.
#3 font on reservation inquiry form is too small.
lastly...
#4 I actually prefer a full header vs a smaller photo with type (in other words, I prefer your BLOG header to your website header). Of course any text being tex not gif's.
Gotta grab em with those photos!
I like the What is there to do on the BLOG PAGE - and I will ask Swirt to tell us how that effects SEO? Should we have all that info on our website or duplicated on our blog? I would hate to lose rankings by putting it on the blog and not the website?
FINAL COMMENT - Nice color scheme.
wink_smile.gif

Nice job.
I only clicked for a second like a guest would and my 2 cents are (since you asked):
#1 LARGER PICS (I don't wear glasses and have a large screen with high rez and cannot see them well) - I would say TWICE as large would be what I would want to see.
#2 the titles on the left need to be a larger font (same reason as #1) Comments on the side bar are 13.5 yet links of the titles are 8.5 - I would reverse that.
lastly...
#4 I actually prefer a full header vs a smaller photo with type (in other words, I prefer your BLOG header to your website header). Of course any text being tex not gif's.
I like the What is there to do on the BLOG PAGE - and I will ask Swirt to tell us how that effects SEO? Should we have all that info on our website or duplicated on our blog? I would hate to lose rankings by putting it on the blog and not the website?
wink_smile.gif
Welcome back, JBJ.

Nice job.
lastly...
wink_smile.gif
Yes,
welcome.gif
back, JBJ! We missed you :)

Back