New Year Resolutions any suggestions?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Camb

Reaction score
Every year I swear I will be more organised and to be fair I have made a valiant stab at it recently however I do my best work in a whirlwind of chaos so that may not work out.
So does anyone else have any B&B related new years resolutions? or suggestions?

My resolution each year is to not make a resolution! That way, I don't feel guilty when I can't attain perfection.

Resolved that I shall get at least one of my two old buildings open and receiving guests in 2012!
Ran into a girl today who works at the new bakery downtown and she said her parents from Wisconsin are looking for a place here to spend a month when they come visit next fall. Not counting any chickens though. We'll see.

My resolution, inn-wise, is to let DH handle all guest confrontations. Guests don't leave on time? He handles it. Guests arrive 5 hours early? He handles it. Guests want to scream at someone because they don't get their deposit back? He handles it.
We will lose money hand over fist but I will not be walking around here wishing I was somewhere else all the time.

The year of joy. To not allow inconsiderate guests to steal my thunder, to not let innkeepers who complain and never enjoy a moment of innkeeping, much steal it too. I want to be here, right here, right now and to enjoy what I do. That is my resolution. The year of joy. I want to laugh, again.

My resolution each year is to not make a resolution! That way, I don't feel guilty when I can't attain perfection..
Breakfast Diva said:
My resolution each year is to not make a resolution! That way, I don't feel guilty when I can't attain perfection.
I gave up on perfection about the time my Mom threw up her hands and gave up. We both knew way back then, it ain't agonna happen. We decided to settle on me not knocking things over or breaking things and threw up a prayer for me to keep my foot out of my mouth. So far I am batting zero on all three.

Well I will have more time for everything as I retire from the College Dec 31 @ midnight. More time for guest, organize my office, pantry, paint (canvas & fence type), more time for life.

The year of joy. To not allow inconsiderate guests to steal my thunder, to not let innkeepers who complain and never enjoy a moment of innkeeping, much steal it too. I want to be here, right here, right now and to enjoy what I do. That is my resolution. The year of joy. I want to laugh, again..
Joey Bloggs said:
The year of joy.
Sounds wonderful!

The year of joy. To not allow inconsiderate guests to steal my thunder, to not let innkeepers who complain and never enjoy a moment of innkeeping, much steal it too. I want to be here, right here, right now and to enjoy what I do. That is my resolution. The year of joy. I want to laugh, again..
This is ONE resolution to KEEP!

Joey Bloggs said:
I want to be here, right here, right now and to enjoy what I do. That is my resolution. The year of joy.
If you make that one happen, the other resolutions will be so easy. The year of joy. Absolute best wishes on that!

2012 is to be the year of joyful innkeeping.
I am bound and determined to not let the kill-joys interfere and ruin my day/week/month and year. Spread some cheer, spread some enthusiasm, there are many good things happening!
If you find yourself being negative, think about the effect you have on others. The reason I am on twitter is I follow the inspirational quotes and goodness to lighten my load, and inspire me. The exact reason I do not like Facebook, that is always a downer.
I plan on 2012 being a year where I focus on the positive, the good things in life, of which I know are immeasurable.
cheers.gif

PS Spread the word, there is much to be thankful for...

2012 is to be the year of joyful innkeeping.
I am bound and determined to not let the kill-joys interfere and ruin my day/week/month and year. Spread some cheer, spread some enthusiasm, there are many good things happening!
If you find yourself being negative, think about the effect you have on others. The reason I am on twitter is I follow the inspirational quotes and goodness to lighten my load, and inspire me. The exact reason I do not like Facebook, that is always a downer.
I plan on 2012 being a year where I focus on the positive, the good things in life, of which I know are immeasurable.
cheers.gif

PS Spread the word, there is much to be thankful for....
I wish you luck, Joey. You sound determined and have a good plan to focus on the positive. I just have to mention, though, the famous words of German military strategist Helmuth von Moltke: No battle plan survives contact with the enemy.
wink_smile.gif

This is I hope the year I get to quit my day job. We are hoping in March. Concentrate on the B&B and wine tours and creative stuff I want to do there. And work on reseach for another wine orientated business once we find an innkeeper/or part time person!
Riki

"We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives...not looking for flaws, but for potential." Ellen Goodman
That's my resolution for next year! (I think that was my resolution this year too!)
wink_smile.gif

I'm with Breakfast Diva - I don't make New Year's resolutions - I make written plans instead...and I always find the ones that get written down are the ones that get done! :)

Back