New Year's Eve Bookings

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Howz it stackin' uo for you? When is the cut off? I have a special package and only had a couple people want to book the one night. I wonder if I should 86 it or hang tight til next week, but it is NEXT WEEK! Yikes.
I really want to join in the FIRST DAY HIKE which is sweeping across the nation in all the state parks, to get you outside, to start the year out right! I might have to think on this!!
Click here to see if you have this FIRST DAY HIKE NEAR YOU!

I did not post a New years Package this year. Been so busy voting I forgot to do it. If I get a call, fine. If not, I will probably either be asleep or voting for Shinnston at Midnight. We are stuck in #16.

I am doing the brunch thing, but if I only get one ocuple it is not going to be good. I have to buy too much. I thought FOR CERTAIN with it being on the weekend this year it would be a smash hit! Apparently not. I will speak to da man today and see what he wants to do.
I wanted to see if all of you are getting last minute bookings or not, compare a bit, knowhutimean.

We have 2 hikes near us. One in a place we always go anyway for New Year's! Even if we miss the guided walk, we'll go later on.

Hardly any bookings at all. It's sad, expecially as it is a weekend and there is a lot going on here in town.
Had one 3-nighter cancel because the GF demanded a Jacuzzi and a fireplace and a king bed because it is her birthday. I wonder where they ended up?

I am doing the brunch thing, but if I only get one ocuple it is not going to be good. I have to buy too much. I thought FOR CERTAIN with it being on the weekend this year it would be a smash hit! Apparently not. I will speak to da man today and see what he wants to do.
I wanted to see if all of you are getting last minute bookings or not, compare a bit, knowhutimean..
Nada!

We have had a very different experience than what I've seen posted so far. We've been full at both of our B&Bs (10 rooms between the two) for about two weeks for our New Year's package, which includes a sit down dinner on Friday night, New Year's Eve party on Saturday, and a brunch on Sunday. Most of our guests are repeat visitors, but we do have a few first timers.
BTW, I'm fairly new here. I joined this past summer, when my husband and I were seeking an innkeeper's position, and just observed and took it all in. We relocated to Texas in July and have been in our new position for almost six months now, managing two B&Bs located three blocks apart. I'm looking forward to perhaps participating a bit more now! :)

We have had a very different experience than what I've seen posted so far. We've been full at both of our B&Bs (10 rooms between the two) for about two weeks for our New Year's package, which includes a sit down dinner on Friday night, New Year's Eve party on Saturday, and a brunch on Sunday. Most of our guests are repeat visitors, but we do have a few first timers.
BTW, I'm fairly new here. I joined this past summer, when my husband and I were seeking an innkeeper's position, and just observed and took it all in. We relocated to Texas in July and have been in our new position for almost six months now, managing two B&Bs located three blocks apart. I'm looking forward to perhaps participating a bit more now! :).
The reason is probably the dinner and the party. The majority of the rest of us cannot do those things (serve meals or alcohol).
But that is good reason to get the proper licenses! It certainly seems like that's what guests are looking for.

BTW, I'm fairly new here. I joined this past summer, when my husband and I were seeking an innkeeper's position, and just observed and took it all in. We relocated to Texas in July and have been in our new position for almost six months now, managing two B&Bs located three blocks apart. I'm looking forward to perhaps participating a bit more now! :).
The reason is probably the dinner and the party. The majority of the rest of us cannot do those things (serve meals or alcohol).
But that is good reason to get the proper licenses! It certainly seems like that's what guests are looking for.
I think that may be part of it (although we can't serve alcohol -- it's BYOB), but we're also in a small town where there aren't many options for dining, so the fact that people know they can add a dinner onto their stay has been a big draw.

I was pretty busy last year and we were lucky had some older couples who stayed for 3 nights and was hoping for the same again so put on a 2 night minimum as I don't really want a whole party crew and noise and mess. However we are only about half full so I have taken the restrictions off to see how it does. Mind you Im a bit pooped so don't see myself as ultra gutted that I am not full. I would say however we are surrounded by restauants so dinning is easy.

Welcome and crongrats on you position AND your bookings.
We have a 1-night due in any monent (military so DEEP off-season discount) and whole house booked for the 27th & 28th. No complaints from here. I take what I can get.

We have a 5-night reservation in our most expensive accommodation...the ocean-view cottage.
thumbs_up.gif
At the moment the two suites in the house are not booked. If the weather is decent for the weekend we most surely will get calls from Boston and NYC but I am toying with the idea of inviting friends to stay in the house for the holiday and hanging out the no vacancy sign. It will be a relaxing weekend for us if we just have guests in the cottage since we can minimize our interaction with them. Normally we charge for delivering the guest's breakfasts to them so they can relax and enjoy it by their fireplace, but in this case we will "gift" the delivered breakfast as a special treat for them (but really it is a treat for us!
teeth_smile.gif
)

Welcome London Bridges.
Most of us, if not all, cannot serve dinner at the inn, nor serve alcohol. SO for us, our getaway packages are for a couple to experience a quiet romantic getaway. Perhaps a nearby restaurant, brunch, late check out, party favors etc.
If we have what you offer I am sure we would be booked! Dinner at the inn is a special treat. Good job and have fun!
welcome.gif

Glad to see that you're chiming in. I've actually been to your little town when we lived in TX and seen the cannon, as well as both of the B&Bs. You're not too far from Shiner...home of one of my favorite brewerys.
regular_smile.gif

Glad to see that you're chiming in. I've actually been to your little town when we lived in TX and seen the cannon, as well as both of the B&Bs. You're not too far from Shiner...home of one of my favorite brewerys.
regular_smile.gif

If you ever get back to these parts, you must come and see us again! We have not been to the brewery yet, although we've eaten at Shiner Grill & Bar, and sampled several varieties of Shiner beer there.

We are much slower this year as well, although I remember last year that we opened it up for single nights and ended up full for both Friday and Saturday, but turning most rooms on Saturday. Of course that won't happen this year since NYE is on the Saturday night. I got one booking the usual way, added the package and got another booking (props to bnbfinder on that one) and now have discounted a 2-night stay but no takers so far. I am waiting til Monday to open it up for one night and I've been telling people who call to call back next week. We do get last-minute bookings.
As usual, the two most expensive rooms are booked for the two nights.

No bookings yet for NYE... and only one booking this weekend. Our bookings have been last minute, so we may still get bookings.

We do serve alcohol, and hors d'ouevres but not dinner and we have six out of ten rooms booked, we expect to pick up a couple more one nighters before the week-end starts. The ski resort has been making snow but there is not much natural stuff around. We had one cancellation because of the lack of snow, no one else seems to mind. Plenty on its way I expect.

Back