New Year's Eve Packages

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Do any of you have special packages for New Year's Eve? I see it is a Thursday this year which means Fri & Sat follow for a long weekend.
If I were to stay open this year for New Year's Eve I would like it to be a package where I could actually make MORE than just book a night. Will need to begin marketing this soon if so.
Your thoughts?

Second question - I just went in and put a 2 night min required on the Thurs or Fri or Sat. If you have Webervations - do you know how to make it so it is a PACKAGE ONLY for that time? Unable to book just the room, but the whole package? Is this possible?
I have only ever had add on packages to the room rates, never FULL packages. Thanks

There is a way but I do not know what it is.
This is one of my 18th Century offering times. Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year's Eve. Basically because if I bring down the tub of clothes, i will only have to stumble over it for a max of 6 weeks before it goes back on the shelf for another year. Also if it is offered any time, it loses it specialness. I think I am going to make it one of my 2-night packages and add a 3rd night for our Birthday price to sweeten the deal.

Second question - I just went in and put a 2 night min required on the Thurs or Fri or Sat. If you have Webervations - do you know how to make it so it is a PACKAGE ONLY for that time? Unable to book just the room, but the whole package? Is this possible?
I have only ever had add on packages to the room rates, never FULL packages. Thanks.
Jo,
I think you helped me with this when I was doing my online discount.
Try adding it as an Up-Sale Item with your specific start and end dates, and then at the top of your description put a notice that guests signing up for those particular dates MUST participate in the package. I did a little bit of HTML to make that bit a headline/bold.
I don't have an active one right now to show you, but email me if you have specific questions I can help with.

Sign in to Webervations and go to In Store.
I have loaded packages into it, but have no clue how to get them to my calendar.

I have loaded packages into it, but have no clue how to get them to my calendar..
gillumhouse said:
I have loaded packages into it, but have no clue how to get them to my calendar.
Yes I can add it to the inn store as an add on, but I want it ONLY bookable, ie you can't stay here that weekend without the WHOLE deal, flowers and all. Not sure about where the dinner or that will be yet, way ahead of the area on this.
So I think what I need is a new room description BUT then I cannot find a way to make it show up ONLY on New Year's weekend. Does that make sense?
I don't want anyone slipping by - so I might make is a CALL for this package only. (Whatever it will be, haven't got that far yet). I just don't want to show the calendar UNAVAILABLE for those dates either...
I HAVE A CUNNING PLAN...what if I change the PRICES on all the rooms for those nights - to teh package price...then if someone goes to book they will wonder what is up and see the package. I can put the package in as the add on with zero charge - if that is possible...let me go find out...

I have loaded packages into it, but have no clue how to get them to my calendar..
gillumhouse said:
Yes I can add it to the inn store as an add on, but I want it ONLY bookable, ie you can't stay here that weekend without the WHOLE deal, flowers and all. Not sure about where the dinner or that will be yet, way ahead of the area on this.
So I think what I need is a new room description BUT then I cannot find a way to make it show up ONLY on New Year's weekend. Does that make sense?
I don't want anyone slipping by - so I might make is a CALL for this package only. (Whatever it will be, haven't got that far yet). I just don't want to show the calendar UNAVAILABLE for those dates either...
I HAVE A CUNNING PLAN...what if I change the PRICES on all the rooms for those nights - to teh package price...then if someone goes to book they will wonder what is up and see the package. I can put the package in as the add on with zero charge - if that is possible...let me go find out...
I sent an e-mail asking how to do that. You CAN put it in as a package only - it requires some line of code. I will let you know when I get an answer.

I upped the room rate for those two nights, then added the package that is only selectable on those dates.
[FONT= 'Times New Roman'][tr]Please add the following package(s) to my visit[/td][/tr][tr] New Year's Romance Package - NEW YEAR'S ROMANTIC GETAWAY AND DINNER: Celebrate New Year's Eve in Style! Spend a romantic evening together at The xyz B&B. Surprise your sweetheart with fresh flowers and cider and hold hands as you stroll to Black Ash Restaurant.
Package Includes:
Two Night Stay for Two
Sparkling cider and fresh fragrant flowers in your room upon arrival
$50 gift certificate to the fantastic Black Ash Restaurant
Inn-credible brunch served mid-morning
Cost is added into room rate.
CHECK THE BOX TO REDEEM THIS SPECIAL!!
[/td][/tr][/table][/FONT]

I just heard about this guest package:
Splendid Guest packages. "Drea m & D rive arrangement".
This person is proposing: The dre am and d rive arrangement. Make an attractive arrangement with a local luxury car dealer with a soft top luxury car (Mercedes, BMW, Lotus, Porsche etc). An arrival with champagne, a de luxe suite, a luxury dinner, a room serviced breakfast, a car trade body warmer, a day car use etc. etc.
We often have folks with new cars who drive a very popular scenic drive near us. It had never entered my mind to consider something like this. We have a high end luxury car dealership - 200 yards to the entrance to this "very scenic drive" - I am not sure a car dealer would LOAN a car however without it being a proper rental agency.
Have you ever heard of this? I replied to this person to ask more details.

I posted my NY's package on our website and had an inquiry for two couples two rooms - might add on a third night, but of course want to know about entertainment. I had to be honest and tell the person that YOU ARE AN EXCEPTIONAL planner unfortunately they aren't around here so won't know about local entertainment/dancing yet. So I emailed a couple places to ask if they are doing any dinner/dancing that evening, if they are we might be able to prepay for these guests that night. I believe they will want "walking" distance. So that is what my goal is.

love the new years eve package idea. please add party hats and goofy blow outs! i love that kind of goofy stuff. i'd arrange it with the flowers. is there a tv in your common area or in the guest rooms so they can count down to new years eve if they just stay in? outside entertainment is great, but some folks are happy to be home (away from home) at midnite after having dinner out. just a thought.

love the new years eve package idea. please add party hats and goofy blow outs! i love that kind of goofy stuff. i'd arrange it with the flowers. is there a tv in your common area or in the guest rooms so they can count down to new years eve if they just stay in? outside entertainment is great, but some folks are happy to be home (away from home) at midnite after having dinner out. just a thought..
Well that was my thought too, but she emailed asking about entertainment, so I thought I better work that out. At least have some info for them. I did ask them if they were planning on drinking, as that makes a diff if they want to walk to the entertainment or drive 5 or 10 miles.

Back