NEWS BREAK!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
The first time ever, a guest has said "Thank you so much for the upgrade we really appreciated it!"
Seriously, shook my hand at check out and thanked us!
I have upgraded so many over the years and never had anyone do this. Sometimes the upgrade is for a simple reason, like they are the only one here and they can have a private entrance in and out from the gardens, or something. A few years ago this brought up the subject of "Does a guest appreciate the upgrade...when they may have picked a room for the name, or location, or colors!" So is an upgrade always an upgrade.
But YES many times the upgrades are real upgrades! In their minds and mine. $$ Wise definitely!
regular_smile.gif

We have found that some guests appreciate the upgrade, but many just don't or don't even realize the value of it. So, we have stopped doing it unless it serves our needs or it really is a special occasion, like a honeymoon. In fact when it is young honeymooners who take our smallest room they really do appreciate the upgrade.
But yes, every once in a while you will see how much they appreciate what they got... but it's unfortunately a world where so few people seem to be grateful for the little extras that they get.

How wonderfully nice. (Do not mistake this to be the Southern belle - How nice!)

I don't ever give an upgrade or discount without letting people know how much they saved!

I don't ever give an upgrade or discount without letting people know how much they saved!

I don't ever give an upgrade or discount without letting people know how much they saved!.
Arkansawyer said:
Yes true but the answer is still the same, not a thank you. They just take it.

Back