News from the front-or How I Spent My Summer Vacation

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white pine

Reaction score
Just in case anyone wondered what happened to me... We got the eight unit motel open last year, (16 beds), set up online booking and cc payment. DH's business was at an all time low, so he and I did all the work ourselves. We had more bookings than I thought we would, & many returns. Booked full for the summer holidays. We also sold our 4 bedroom home upstate and a three bedroom home downstate during prime season ( I had to moove while we were booked full-- twice: weeks of July 4, & Labor Day) I did a two day pack at each place and moved into storage units.
Meanwhile work continued on the lodge. New septic, new wiring, and interior paint in progress until freezing weather made us close. Also, I bought a small home downstate--an estate sale fixer-upper with much charm. I said I would never this do again! Spent the winter painting. Add in a health scare due to otc drug interaction, but I am well now. That's about it; trying to gear up to start all over.
Overall, we loved the guests. Hope to get a room or two open in the lodge (the b&b) this summer. DH is crazy busy this year. Definitely plan on getting help this year. Whew. I REALLY appreciate the advice I got from you all, I DON'T know what I would have done without you. Thanks again.

Glad you are still with us!
All the best in everything - we missed you and look forward to more updates.
cheers.gif

YEA!!! Success!! More in the future and best to you. Sorry you were ill but glad all is well now. You will probably be very happy in the future to have an "escape hatch" to run to after the season ends.

Thanks so much guys! Good to be back. I feel really bad cause I stopped posting on the blog last fall when things got too crazy. I needed you all to nip at my heels and get me back on the straight and narrow!

Congrats! Glad your health is back and things are going well. Sounds like you've had a very busy year and we're looking forward to some more updates!

Sounds wonderful. I had just been thinking about you this last week and was wondering how things were going.
cheers.gif
Hope you are back with us for a while!!

definately get some help! glad to hear you are booked for the summer as it does take the pressure off the finances to know you have a good incomming stream!

Back