Next year!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
Provide a breakfast menu in the info book in each room. We also provide a welcome letter that includes an invitation to breakfast with times of service.
Next year, both will include a bold type line saying something similar to, “Please inform us if you will not be joining us for breakfast.” Or maybe, “ If you don’t want breakfast, for the love of the maker, tell us! That way, we don’t work for an hour and waste good food for no reason at all!”

“ If you don’t want breakfast, for the love of the maker, tell us! That way, we don’t work for an hour and waste good food for no reason at all!”

sympathy chuckle. When we started, I considered a menu guests could choose from the night before. Didn't do it. They all get the same unless they've let me know about a food allergy, restriction or preference. Then an alteration is made. I don't actually cook the mains until they've been served their fruit and juice. So if there is a no-show, I get the fruit, and the rest will keep a day or be used in another meal.

I think I've had two no-shows ever. When I show them to their rooms I tell them coffee will arrive outside their door an hour before breakfast, then ask them what time they would like breakfast. Maybe getting to choose helps with actually showing up?

I can totally sympathize. It always seemed like the guests we did the most for in re advance prep for their breakfast were the ones who left without eating.

I think the worst tho, were the guests who went out the door saying they’d be right back and then returned with bags of food from Starbucks

Mine can choose breakfast time, country of coffee & neat if done in advance. Main course is Cook's Choice working around diet restrictions/dislikes if known. Everyone get the same - I just put it in the oven half an hour before time to hit the table. I have had 3 different breakfast times. It just takes forever to get the $%^&*( dishes done!

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. It says quite clearly on the welcome card to please inform us if you're not coming for breakfast. We had a full dining room set, so I mixed a double batch of pancakes. An hour before breakfast is ready, two couples that came together came to check out early. GRRRRR!

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. It says quite clearly on the welcome card to please inform us if you're not coming for breakfast. We had a full dining room set, so I mixed a double batch of pancakes. An hour before breakfast is ready, two couples that came together came to check out early. GRRRRR!

Freeze them and make toaster pancakes as needed.

Back