Nightime treats

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a basket with bananas and apples plus packages of snack crackers, ccokies, granola bars in each room in case of the munchies. I have not taken the time to work out not fat cookies yet and am not going to. My guests arrive at all sorts of hours. If I know it is going to be late I suggest they stop for dinner on the way in. IF they are here at dinner hour I make suggestions based on their comments. The fruit basket is as far as I am going to go - unless it is innmates and then I might do more.

We offer a treat and tea/coffee/lemonaid at arrival and I take a covered plate to the guest house for the guests to have at their leasure. I have 5 rooms and by 8:00-8:30 I am on the way to relaxing and spending time with hubbie.

We have cookies in the kitchen (usually out of the oven about the time the guests arrive, but as they're in a covered cake plate sometimes they're there a day or two), Hershey kisses in a big cut glass bowl on the mantle in the dining/sitting room, and each room has chocolate on the nightstands. We used to use almond roca, one on each side of the bed, but I'm switching over to two Hershey nugget bars on each night stand... more recognizable, and they discontinued the roca at WM.
=)
Kk.

We have Graceland Fruits here who are the largest processor of dried fruits in the world. They give me little one ounce packets of their dried cherries to which I adhere a label with the logo of the local bakery which sells them, thus creating (hopefully) business for the bakery.
Anyway, I put a few of those packets on the tray with the coffee pot and cups as well as some of my famous cherry- oatmeal-chocolate cookies all wrapped up in cute cellophane bags. That is in the little cottages that don't have kitchens. Right now I have bowls full of Honey Crisp apples in each room. Makes the rooms smell so good too. I love doing those little extras.

Back