No Good Deed...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for you for sticking to your policies. Otherwise, these folks have taken advantage of your hospitality. They didn't check out, they stayed and used their rooms. End of story...

Sorry, again I'm new.......what is PITA?.
karilyn said:
Sorry, again I'm new.......what is PITA?
pita.gif

Don Draper said:
I have ALL the documentation and I know I will win the inevitable charge back, but why would they accept all that we offered that day and then try to strong arm us? We are thoroughly disgusted.
Because that's the kind of people they are. Did you reply back that you're not sure what they mean by 'double-billing' as you charged them for exactly what they reserved?.
This is appalling behaviour of the highest order.
If they are awful enough to challenge the charge you will surely win - but what a distressing waste of time, effort and heartache they will have put you through.
No idea why so many people think accommodation providers should give their time and product away for free - would these same people walk into Bloomingdales and expect to be handed an Armani coat for nothing?!
Reminds me of a true story. Bride buys a wedding gown at an upscale shop in town. Prominent coverage of wedding with bride in dress in local paper. Bride returns gown--gets refund!!! It is happening, and people do expect to get away with it!

Don Draper said:
I have ALL the documentation and I know I will win the inevitable charge back, but why would they accept all that we offered that day and then try to strong arm us? We are thoroughly disgusted.
Because that's the kind of people they are. Did you reply back that you're not sure what they mean by 'double-billing' as you charged them for exactly what they reserved?.
This is appalling behaviour of the highest order.
If they are awful enough to challenge the charge you will surely win - but what a distressing waste of time, effort and heartache they will have put you through.
No idea why so many people think accommodation providers should give their time and product away for free - would these same people walk into Bloomingdales and expect to be handed an Armani coat for nothing?!
Reminds me of a true story. Bride buys a wedding gown at an upscale shop in town. Prominent coverage of wedding with bride in dress in local paper. Bride returns gown--gets refund!!! It is happening, and people do expect to get away with it!
I worked with someone years ago who did that for every dress-up event/party. She thought nothing of it - I thought it was stealing, even then I thought it was stealing.

Just had a really nice review pop up (think it was one of my unison ladies) so that perks me up a bit.

Back