No heat in dryer

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you hang any of it on a clothes line??? Maybe the blankets or the innkeepers jeans?.
penelope said:
Can you hang any of it on a clothes line??? Maybe the blankets or the innkeepers jeans?
We line dry everything. With the Texas heat, it dries quickly.
In some areas, restrictive covenants don't allow you to hang laundry outside. We can't where we are.
Samster said:
In some areas, restrictive covenants don't allow you to hang laundry outside. We can't where we are.
We've been hanging stuff down here since the lynchings started right after the Civil War!
smiley-char092.gif

I love to line dry sheets and cases. They smell good and all cotton don't need much ironing. But dh does laundry and he only uses the dryer. It is bummer hauling all that laundry to the laundromat!!! I feel sorry for you.

Tuesday the repairman comes - since it is still under warranty. All the linens from this weekend will bury the laundry room by then. But we can make it, we will make it!

My first load of towels is washing, can you see me doing the happy dance? You should have seen the line or chairs outside just to dry the guest towels from the rooms when I stripped the rooms. The heating coil was actually snapped off/broken, from use, not abuse.
poke.gif

He asked me to go and submit feedback - I told him my feedback the Kenmore HE front loaders are crap! Don't buy them. Besides the worst mold issue on the boot of the washer, inside, behind all around where I cannot get to it. I wash EVERY load with vinegar in the fabric softener compartment.
Well I am back to it, you know what I will be doing ALL DAY EVERY DAY this week.

My first load of towels is washing, can you see me doing the happy dance? You should have seen the line or chairs outside just to dry the guest towels from the rooms when I stripped the rooms. The heating coil was actually snapped off/broken, from use, not abuse.
poke.gif

He asked me to go and submit feedback - I told him my feedback the Kenmore HE front loaders are crap! Don't buy them. Besides the worst mold issue on the boot of the washer, inside, behind all around where I cannot get to it. I wash EVERY load with vinegar in the fabric softener compartment.
Well I am back to it, you know what I will be doing ALL DAY EVERY DAY this week..
YAY! The dryer is working!
Boo hoo....laundry catch up!
Hang in there! :)

poke.gif

Well I am back to it, you know what I will be doing ALL DAY EVERY DAY this week..
...Besides the worst mold issue on the boot of the washer, inside, behind all around where I cannot get to it. I wash EVERY load with vinegar in the fabric softener compartment.
Is that supposed to keep the mold down in the boot? our Maytag rarely develops mold in the boot (I think I have only had to clean it twice in the 6 years we've had it) but mold develops in the fabric softener cup all the time....I'm guessing the fabric softener residue is some kind of breeding ground for it. :( Fortunately the cup is removeable and pretty easy to clean ... Id much rather have to clean that than the boot.

Boot = The front loader rubber door seal. The worst part of the mold is beneath it where you cannot get to it. AND I wash every load is cold now.

How is the catching up on the piles of laundry going now?? I hope that you're getting to the bottom of things!

Front load washers.....if you don't completely close the door....you wont have the boot mold problem

Front load washers.....if you don't completely close the door....you wont have the boot mold problem.
One Day said:
Front load washers.....if you don't completely close the door....you wont have the boot mold problem
ha ha yeah righton, I leave the door open after every single load it is a hazard to walk past. I wash in only cold water and add vinegar to every single load. I have had it for 4 years and have had mold from year one and have always left the door open AND wiped the glass even underneath and the boot dry. I only use the recommended detergent too. Kenmore Elite Series HE are rubbish! I will say DON'T BUY THEM!

Not saying leave the door wide open.....just close it so that latch holds it in place.....this allows air to circulate.....you close it completely shut....it's sealed.....right?
I've got whirlpool.....year and a half.....Mom (bless her) does some kind of wash every day....from 1 to several washes.......I susspect she is doing this.....so that she doesn't forget how to......I'd always check the machine at night, making sure the door was not completely closed

Not saying leave the door wide open.....just close it so that latch holds it in place.....this allows air to circulate.....you close it completely shut....it's sealed.....right?
I've got whirlpool.....year and a half.....Mom (bless her) does some kind of wash every day....from 1 to several washes.......I susspect she is doing this.....so that she doesn't forget how to......I'd always check the machine at night, making sure the door was not completely closed.
One Day said:
I've got whirlpool.....year and a half.....Mom (bless her) does some kind of wash every day....from 1 to several washes.......I susspect she is doing this.....so that she doesn't forget how to......I'd always check the machine at night, making sure the door was not completely closed
Well you can't beat open/open and the mold still grows.
cry_smile.gif

I have been selling appliances for about 15 years at THE big dept store. A couple of notes re dryer. The front load HE's do have a back flow sensor too much back pressure they will not dry right. Check the breaker. If it is electric flip the breaker a couple of times. More often than not one of the contacts fails and only gives you 110 v instead of 220v. Smelly washers: Logically the only things left in the washer at the end of the cycle are water and clean clothes. Anything else will cause mold. You must use HE detergent, liquid or powder, doesn't matter. The HE detergent is a different chemistry than the top load style. If you have a water softener or use borax cut back in the amt of detergent. Liquid fabric softener: Old top load style machines use about 21- 45 gal of water per load. Frontloads use 7 - 11 gal per Load. Concentrations are different. Dilute the liquid fabric softener by 1/2 before putting in the front loaders.
My 2 cents. Hope it helps
BBBBOB

Back