No heat in dryer

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Any one have a quick answer to this - electric HE dryer turns on and spins but the air is not hot only cool inside.I have called a repair and they won't be out for a week, it is under warranty - meanwhile it is laundry mat again I guess.
Any suggestions on things to check?

The heating coil or element, I guess? My dh has replaced this a couple of times on various dryers. He also just replaced the igniter element or something on our gas dryer. I think he used his electric tester thing and found out that was the culprit. Fortunately, he can figure out simple things like that. Refrigerators are not his specialty at all.
Man, that stinks!

We think it is the heating coil as well, without pulling it all apart. Thanks.

Make sure your outgoing vent is clear...if it can't move enough air it may disable the heating element
If that is fine then I would look at the heating element.

Make sure your outgoing vent is clear...if it can't move enough air it may disable the heating element
If that is fine then I would look at the heating element..
swirt said:
If that is fine then I would look at the heating element.
Did that first off. Air coming through great. So now I get to bring all these room linens to laundry mat, how fun.

Off to the laundry mat and I have been wearing the same skivvies since saturday...just kidding.
People have NO IDEA how much laundry innkeepers do every single day...no idea.
lrg_laundry.JPG

Off to the laundry mat and I have been wearing the same skivvies since saturday...just kidding.
lrg_laundry.JPG
Poor, poor Joe!! I feel so bad for you that your dryer isn't working
sad_smile.gif
I hope it gets fixed soon.

Thanks. Fyi $40 to do that laundry in the photo. I put two $20 bills in the change machine.

Can you hang any of it on a clothes line??? Maybe the blankets or the innkeepers jeans?

I don't know where Joe is located, but with the weather we've been having in Ohio, it's be gorgeous to line dry everything. All my stuff (except for unmentionables) go out on the line. I just love the way it smells. Crisp sheets, smell of sunshine and fresh air! I bet you don't have to iron them if they've been out on the line!

lrg_laundry.JPG
Looks familiar! I was doing all of the sheets last summer but I think the most I spent in one day was under $20 for 8 washers & 4 dryers. Thank goodness we had the one washer & dryer here that still worked for towels & our stuff.

I don't know where Joe is located, but with the weather we've been having in Ohio, it's be gorgeous to line dry everything. All my stuff (except for unmentionables) go out on the line. I just love the way it smells. Crisp sheets, smell of sunshine and fresh air! I bet you don't have to iron them if they've been out on the line!.
penelope said:
I don't know where Joe is located, but with the weather we've been having in Ohio, it's be gorgeous to line dry everything. All my stuff (except for unmentionables) go out on the line. I just love the way it smells. Crisp sheets, smell of sunshine and fresh air! I bet you don't have to iron them if they've been out on the line!
We hang them from the outside corners and not over the line. We very rarely have to iron.

I don't know where Joe is located, but with the weather we've been having in Ohio, it's be gorgeous to line dry everything. All my stuff (except for unmentionables) go out on the line. I just love the way it smells. Crisp sheets, smell of sunshine and fresh air! I bet you don't have to iron them if they've been out on the line!.
penelope said:
We hang them from the outside corners and not over the line. We very rarely have to iron.
Proud Texan said:
We very rarely have to iron.
That's kind of what I figured. :)

penelope said:
Proud Texan said:
We very rarely have to iron.
That's kind of what I figured. :)
Except when it is raining or during the winter, I line dry everything (hate to pay the gas company what GOD gives me for free) but i can only do so much a day due to line space. Some inns are in areas that do not allow line dry. With 3 rooms (and Joe has more I believe), I have a hard time line drying that much laundry in one day if I have 3 flips.

Oh I understand the faults with the idea of line drying. I was just thinking that in her time of need, it might be an option.

We were on the isle of Crete a few years back where we rented a villa with another couple. The owner of the villa, and our host, lived just up the road and invited us over for coffee one afternoon. We were surprised to see drying racks all over the house where she was drying her clothes. This was a bit unusual because these people were very well off. We asked if she had ever heard of this new-fangled appliance called a clothes dryer and she said that she owned a dryer, but it had never been used...she was a little bit afraid of it. We explained the advantages of using a dryer and she indicated that she would have to try it.
Just thought it was interesting how different cultures think about stuff we take for granted.

Can you hang any of it on a clothes line??? Maybe the blankets or the innkeepers jeans?.
penelope said:
Can you hang any of it on a clothes line??? Maybe the blankets or the innkeepers jeans?
We line dry everything. With the Texas heat, it dries quickly.
In some areas, restrictive covenants don't allow you to hang laundry outside. We can't where we are.

Back