No judgement, please

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I voted too.
Our son won his 3rd race for the Iowa House. We are soooooo glad. I feel like I have Jet Lag in a huge way.
I feel like a stranger to the forum. It seems like ages since I last posted. I have checked occasionally to see what was up..
Congrats! Take a breath..........
Can a Canadian say .... I am absolutely elated with the election results!!
Well, my French Canadian guest agreed with you to me, but she wasn't going to take on a table of conservative Southerners.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
There was very heated discussion amongst them at the breakfast table for the last two mornings.

Yes, I voted too.
Our son won his 3rd race for the Iowa House. We are soooooo glad. I feel like I have Jet Lag in a huge way.
I feel like a stranger to the forum. It seems like ages since I last posted. I have checked occasionally to see what was up..
Well, my French Canadian guest agreed with you to me, but she wasn't going to take on a table of conservative Southerners.
There was very heated discussion amongst them at the breakfast table for the last two mornings.
Samster said:
Not all Southerners are conservative. We are very liberal. For the B&B, we suggest that the discussion of politics and religion be avoided at the breakfast table. No one agrees on all points. And not everyone can discuss it intelligently or rationally.
I do find it curious that the most intolerant individuals are the ones spouting their religion the loudest.

Yes, I voted too.
Samster said:
Not all Southerners are conservative. We are very liberal. For the B&B, we suggest that the discussion of politics and religion be avoided at the breakfast table. No one agrees on all points. And not everyone can discuss it intelligently or rationally.
I do find it curious that the most intolerant individuals are the ones spouting their religion the loudest.
Proud Texan said:
Samster said:
Sorry, but I have to clarify that Samster was not saying all southerners are conservative. She said the table she had were conservative southerners.
I am guessing you would not be calling Muslims intolerant, correct? Even tho certain individuals and groups would just as soon as kill an American over their beliefs. No that wouldn't be intolerant. It's in the same post, so you must be calling southern conservatives who believe in God, Family and Country intolerant?

Yes, I voted too.
Samster said:
Proud Texan said:
Samster said:
Sorry, but I have to clarify that Samster was not saying all southerners are conservative. She said the table she had were conservative southerners.
I am guessing you would not be calling Muslims intolerant, correct? Even tho certain individuals and groups would just as soon as kill an American over their beliefs. No that wouldn't be intolerant. It's in the same post, so you must be calling southern conservatives who believe in God, Family and Country intolerant?
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Proud Texan said:
Samster said:
No, only those who have an underlying hatred as their motive instead of Christian love. And you know well that they are out there.
Not everyone believes in God. Not everyone has a traditional family. Not everyone is patriotic. While you don't have to become NBFFL with them, love and tolerance is foundation Christianity...the inquistion aside.
You can't lump all Muslims into one grouping because only a fraction of 1% are the extremist that give all of Islam a bad name. I don't condemn any religion only intolerance no matter what the source. It is contrary to the fundamental tendants of all relgions.

Yes, I voted too.
Samster said:
Proud Texan said:
Samster said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Proud Texan said:
Samster said:
No, only those who have an underlying hatred as their motive instead of Christian love. And you know well that they are out there.
Not everyone believes in God. Not everyone has a traditional family. Not everyone is patriotic. While you don't have to become NBFFL with them, love and tolerance is foundation Christianity...the inquistion aside.
You can't lump all Muslims into one grouping because only a fraction of 1% are the extremist that give all of Islam a bad name. I don't condemn any religion only intolerance no matter what the source. It is contrary to the fundamental tendants of all relgions.
I still find it interesting that of all the 'free world' countries Americans, in general, will not talk politics or religion. We have some great discussions around the table here with European and even Americans (maybe once they are off home soil) about both subjects and nobody gets hurt!
As far as I'm concerned any member of ANY religion who will not accept another has a problem be it Muslim, Christian or whatever. Unfortunately for most religions the people we hear about the loudest are those fundamentalists who do not truly represent their religion at all.

Yes, I voted too.
Samster said:
Proud Texan said:
Samster said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Proud Texan said:
Samster said:
Whoa! I think the thread went awry here.
Thanks to JBJ for clarifying what I meant which was correct - this particular group of Southerners was quite conservative but most definitely not all are. I wouldn't say that or jump to that conclusion. And, I didn't say that. I myself am a Southerner.
My point was that the table conversation was overrun with one particular point of view & I had to help navigate the discussion away from that topic to alleviate the obvious discomfort of a guest.
Now that's cleared up....

Back