No more Rub-a-dub in the tub!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My City Manager is going to be unhappy - we traded rooms once because my room had a tub and hers did not.

Bring on the showers with the extra jets!!
regular_smile.gif

I agree, I only stand in the tub to use the shower. I would never even want to sit back and relax in a hotel tub. No hotel room I have ever been in is pleasant enough to linger for more than the time it takes to get a shower and do my make up. I see tubs as a waste as well. I wish we could take ours out.

We still get the request first for our room with the whirlpool tub. When it's booked nobody wants the room without the tub - the other one has just the fancy shower wtih the radio and jets but that's not good enough. It may be an age thing - I don't see those over 50 using them but those under love them.
Our tub is in a nook outside the bathroom so is more enjoyable. You can lounge and watch the TV or listen to music. We would rather the tub than a fancy shower as then folks will stay in and run the water for hours. I'm on a well and would rather not have that. I think this article is geared for business travelers not recreational.
RIki

Riki Said: We would rather the tub than a fancy shower as then folks will stay in and run the water for hours. I'm on a well and would rather not have that. I think this article is geared for business travelers not recreational.
Those fancy showers do use a lot of water - HOT water... wondering if these hotels thought of that when building & put in more hotwater tanks? What I hate is waking up and find only warm or not so warm water in the shower...
cry_smile.gif

This idea is geared for the business traveler, not recreational! If the tub is not clean enough to soak in, is it really clean enough to stand in? And you gotta be wondering about the other areas of the bathroom & room for that matter.

Riki Said: We would rather the tub than a fancy shower as then folks will stay in and run the water for hours. I'm on a well and would rather not have that. I think this article is geared for business travelers not recreational.
Those fancy showers do use a lot of water - HOT water... wondering if these hotels thought of that when building & put in more hotwater tanks? What I hate is waking up and find only warm or not so warm water in the shower...
cry_smile.gif

This idea is geared for the business traveler, not recreational! If the tub is not clean enough to soak in, is it really clean enough to stand in? And you gotta be wondering about the other areas of the bathroom & room for that matter..
copperhead said:
cry_smile.gif

This idea is geared for the business traveler, not recreational! If the tub is not clean enough to soak in, is it really clean enough to stand in? And you gotta be wondering about the other areas of the bathroom & room for that matter.
That's why we love our tubs with their santizing system that flushes bleach through the jets.
Riki

Back