No Power!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
So, the power went out at 11 PM last night and just came back on. I had already called today's guests to tell them we would find alternate accommodations if the power was still out.
Gas fireplace very nicely kept guests warm, no heat in my space at all. I spent the morning hanging out in the guest living room after brekkie.
Ran to McD's this morning at 7:30 to get an airpot full of coffee. You never heard so many grumblings as when the kid filled my airpot with the fresh coffee and the rest of the line had to wait for the pot to brew again. Happy guests, tho!
Ran the generator for about an hour and then the power came on. It's what happens everytime. But, Gomez now has a system to get the thing up and running quickly.

We were very lucky. Our next door neighbor lost her power. Here, the power flickered off numerous times but always came right back on. Glad you're back up and running.

Happy to hear you got your power back so quickly. We were lucky all through our storms (got about 4 - 5 inches last night and it is still snowing!) that we never lost more than a flick before power returned. Across the river - still in town just across the river - lost power for about a week last time. The city manager's b-i-l was without and the poor lady had, on top of the water plant losing power for over 24 hours and tanks getting VERY low, snow removal, and other city crises, calls from him expecting her to "clout" his power back on because after all, he is the great personage, _______! He got his power when the rest of his nrighborhood did.

According to the news you were in very good company...over a million peeps without power. Hope yours stays on now!

We've got nothing here, but our incoming innsitter is stuck in Garrett County, MD where they've closed the highways. She's about 100 miles away but I'm pretty sure she's not going to make it here tonight.

We've got nothing here, but our incoming innsitter is stuck in Garrett County, MD where they've closed the highways. She's about 100 miles away but I'm pretty sure she's not going to make it here tonight..
I heard they did reopen I-68 in Garrett County. But that was about an hour after she left.

We've got nothing here, but our incoming innsitter is stuck in Garrett County, MD where they've closed the highways. She's about 100 miles away but I'm pretty sure she's not going to make it here tonight..
I heard they did reopen I-68 in Garrett County. But that was about an hour after she left.
Nope, closed again now. As is route 40.

Nope, closed again now. As is route 40.
If I had known, I never would have let her leave! I had the radio off until after she left - DUH! Actually I was only half listening before 9 AM and did not hear anything about it until about an hour after she left.

)This is not our season for dangerious weather but I am - just like most of you (I expect) are ready for SPRING!!!!

Nada here...for a change this winter..
Now that I'm glad to hear. I think she's caught in the southern edge of the system that's running across PA today. We are in the clear this time, too - thank goodness.

So, talked to someone in town and the power is all over the map. It went out here around 11 PM, other parts of town not until 4 AM. Some places out for 3-4 hours, some out for 13, some still out.
On the 'ready for spring' side, after my walk today I realized the snowdrops are up and bloomed! The daffs are poking their poor, forsaken tips out of the ground. This is just wrong. I won't know what to do if it's spring here NOW! I still have months of hibernation to get thru. I can't be RAKING in Feb!

You poor thing. Have been there done that a few times. It amazes me how we (Innkeepers) can get things done when we need to. Keep smiling

Unusually heavy snowfall here caused a 2-1/2 day power outage. No lights, No heat, No Refrigeration, No water (electric pump). We used up most of our firewood that was supposed to last the rest of the winter.
This happened over Valentines Day weekend and we had to call everyone and tell them to stay home. Ouch! That hurt. $$$$
To make matters worse, we've had so much rain and snow that the ground is super saturated and our septic systems all backed up. We had only recently had them pumped, but they were full of water.
Power is back on. Groceries have been replaced and the septic tanks are empty. We're back in business this weekend!

Unusually heavy snowfall here caused a 2-1/2 day power outage. No lights, No heat, No Refrigeration, No water (electric pump). We used up most of our firewood that was supposed to last the rest of the winter.
This happened over Valentines Day weekend and we had to call everyone and tell them to stay home. Ouch! That hurt. $$$$
To make matters worse, we've had so much rain and snow that the ground is super saturated and our septic systems all backed up. We had only recently had them pumped, but they were full of water.
Power is back on. Groceries have been replaced and the septic tanks are empty. We're back in business this weekend!.
Glad you are back on. The houses across the river from me (in town mind you) were without power for over a week and our water plant was without for over 24 hours. We almost ran out of water for the city! The only reason we did not was the City Manager had the Public Works shut the valves to our out of the city water customers and tell the power plant they could NOT pull water. She got the word to the power plant just in time, they were getting ready to pull and that would have emptied one of our town tanks. As it was, the 2 tanks by the water plant that feed the town were almost emptied. We were on a precautionary boil order for 3 days,

Back