no response

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

oldcharm

Reaction score
I have emailed several fellow innkeepers here on the forum and seem to get no response. Its usually an email to get more information about a post they've made to a question I asked, but no one seems to respond. Just wondering if I did something wrong in the process or if people typically don't respond to emails....
I'm just looking for help/advice and I'm really surprised that no one seems to respond.
Thanks!
Michael

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
If you e-mailed me, I did not get it. I always answer e-mails - witht he exception of the Spammers.

JBloggs

Reaction score
If it is private, you can email The Big Kahuna - Swirt and ask him. Perhaps they do not wish to be contacted off forum for anon purposes?

wendydk

Reaction score
I always answer my off-forum contacts.

MooseTrax

Reaction score
Haven't received anything on this side, either. I always respond to emails when I get them!

seashanty

Reaction score
why are you emailing questions off forum? this is really the best place to get answers ~~ on the forum.
i get very few emails from folks emailing through innspiring. if i do, it's personal and not general info kinds of discussions.
are you clicking 'Email' under the forum ID?

oldcharm

Reaction score
why are you emailing questions off forum? this is really the best place to get answers ~~ on the forum.
i get very few emails from folks emailing through innspiring. if i do, it's personal and not general info kinds of discussions.
are you clicking 'Email' under the forum ID?.
yes... that's where I clicked email...
I suppose its not 'personal'.. .just maybe more detailed questioning to someone that responded... or trying to get a picture of what they discussed... I suppose I should just ask under the forum topic.
I'm a little new to this forum so I apologize for my 'ignorance'. :/

seashanty

Reaction score
are you clicking 'Email' under the forum ID?.
yes... that's where I clicked email...
I suppose its not 'personal'.. .just maybe more detailed questioning to someone that responded... or trying to get a picture of what they discussed... I suppose I should just ask under the forum topic.
I'm a little new to this forum so I apologize for my 'ignorance'. :/
hmmm ... i don't know why you didn't get responses then. maybe it went to spam folders, as someone suggested.

DaisyMae

Reaction score
i have contacted other forum members using the 'email' button. all of them responded except for a couple and i just figured those people probably just don't want to be contacted so i never attempted contact again. i have also had people contact me,seemingly succesfully,
however maybe someone tried to contact me at some point & was not successful and i just was not aware of it. who knows..

swirt

Forum founder. Former Owner.
Reaction score
I think there are a few things that may be at play. One is that the contact email that a person receives looks alot like the forum notice that someone has responded to a thread. It is easy to miss an email contact as just forum "noise".
The other possibility is that we get people who are active for a while and then for a variety of reasons, disappear. So if the post is old and that person is not active here anymore, they may not respond.
Beyond that, I can't say why someone wouldn't reply.... of course the other obvious reason is that their reply may be getting eaten by your spam filter.

aieechihuahua

Reaction score
Michael - I sent you an email to test it this evening...did you get it?

JBloggs

Reaction score
My spam filter grabs all emails from the forum. I don't get many, but had one the other day and caught it. I don't get the notifications so I spotted it easily enough.