No room at the inn, after 8-1/2 yrs

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! That must feel great to get some closure, but I'm sure also bittersweet to give up something you built from scratch. I'll have to adjust my mental geography to picture you all the way down in FL now! Hopefully once you get there and settled in you'll have some time/energy for celebrating!
KUDOS!
cheers.gif
It does feel bittersweet in that we are saying goodbye to what is probably the greatest place we will ever live. Trading in a rural picturesque place on a lake for a more suburban setting has benefits (close to things and family) , but nobody will ooh and hah over the christmas card photo of a house in a subdivision.

cheers.gif

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WIRT FAMILY!
Boolah boolah no more crappers to clean..
Joey Bloggs said:
Boolah boolah no more crappers to clean.
YES!!!
Well .. I guess there will be, but they will be mine and I can do it on MY schedule, not on someone else's. That is the biggest thing I hope to get back... control over my own time and schedule. No more waiting waiting waiting for guests.

Wow! That must feel great to get some closure, but I'm sure also bittersweet to give up something you built from scratch. I'll have to adjust my mental geography to picture you all the way down in FL now! Hopefully once you get there and settled in you'll have some time/energy for celebrating!
KUDOS!
cheers.gif
It does feel bittersweet in that we are saying goodbye to what is probably the greatest place we will ever live. Trading in a rural picturesque place on a lake for a more suburban setting has benefits (close to things and family) , but nobody will ooh and hah over the christmas card photo of a house in a subdivision.
swirt said:
nobody will ooh and hah over the christmas card photo of a house in a subdivision.
I will!
I will do the happy dance when my ball and chain is a fond memory too. :)

KUDOS!
cheers.gif
swirt said:
nobody will ooh and hah over the christmas card photo of a house in a subdivision.
I will!
I will do the happy dance when my ball and chain is a fond memory too. :)
Hah. We need a new ongoing list here. Things only an innkeeper would "Ooh and Ahhh" over:

Congrats! I'm sure you are excited to get close to family and to engage in another exciting chapter in life-and like said before-its bittersweet but its what you need to do- Celebrate as you all should.
cheers.gif

I know that it will be bittersweet for y'all, especially after all the hard work and sweat equity that you put into your business. But now, you'll have a lot less property to take care of!
regular_smile.gif

Safe journey to your new home!

Back