No room at the inn, after 8-1/2 yrs

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swirt

Forum founder. Former Owner.
Reaction score
It is official. We are innkeepers no more. The last guests checked out on Sunday, the rooms are now all cleaned and done. Our property sold (not closed yet) and the new owner is not planning to run a B&B.
We'd have done more celebrating of "the end," if we weren't so busy with packing up our belongings and moving them from NY to FL. T minus 6 days and counting until the move. It's going to be a long 3 day drive... should only be 2 days, but with a 2 yr old, a 10 yr old lab, and 2 old cats in one car, we'll have to do it in 7.5 hr hops.
So if any of you have any energy left, please celebrate for us... we are wiped out. ;)

I am very happy for you. 2 things keep me from offering a stop-over. #1 I am too far away at the moment (although if not for #2 that would not matter) #2 is I am out of the way for you.
If it would have been on your route, I would have told you where to find a key. I would not have to be there. Pet policy would have gone into the "round file". Have a safe, pleasant trip. Enjoy the "new life". At least we will not have to worry about losing touch with ypu!

Take care, drive safe and enjoy all the new opportunities as they apear!

Wow! That must feel great to get some closure, but I'm sure also bittersweet to give up something you built from scratch. I'll have to adjust my mental geography to picture you all the way down in FL now! Hopefully once you get there and settled in you'll have some time/energy for celebrating!
KUDOS!
cheers.gif

Best of luck in the new world! Congrats on the sale. We'll toast you tonight (altho a mimosa right now would not go amiss!)

cheers.gif

Hurray! You 've escaped from the world of innkeeping.....at least 99% of it. I know you are going to enjoy your time in FL and a great new job. You are one of the lucky ones! All best wishes.

cheers.gif

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WIRT FAMILY!
Boolah boolah no more crappers to clean.

How wonderful for you and your family! Congrats! I hope this next chapter of your lives is exactly how you envisioned it.
cheers.gif

cheers.gif

DH and I will raise a glass to toast you this evening....and no doubt spend at least a few minutes wishing it were us and not you before we get back up and get back to work! Congratulations---and best wishes in your post-innkeeping endeavors.

Congrats swirt! Drive safely and thanks for contributing so much to the BB industry be it at your property or on the web.
JB

Happy trails, swirt! Hope to catch you on the flipside sometime soon...

Wonderful news!!!! I wish for you only the best in the next chapter of your life.

I am very happy for you. 2 things keep me from offering a stop-over. #1 I am too far away at the moment (although if not for #2 that would not matter) #2 is I am out of the way for you.
If it would have been on your route, I would have told you where to find a key. I would not have to be there. Pet policy would have gone into the "round file". Have a safe, pleasant trip. Enjoy the "new life". At least we will not have to worry about losing touch with ypu!.
Thanks. I appreciate the possible offer... but I would not wish our brood of traveling animals (including us two legged ones) on anyone LOL

Back