No show with red flags along the way

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely do not give back their money. It is all THEIR FAULT! They knew the policies and they agreed. You should not have to change the way you to your business. Stick to your guns on this one especially since you had prepared everything in advance for them.

You sold them a room for that night, that was the contract. The room was available. That they chose not to use it is not your concern. Your policies are clearly on your website.

Absolutely do not give back their money. It is all THEIR FAULT! They knew the policies and they agreed. You should not have to change the way you to your business. Stick to your guns on this one especially since you had prepared everything in advance for them..
I know you are both right. If we get a bad review then we will deal with it. This is so sad that how you do things depends on review as far as feeling like a hostage to a bad review. I know I am in the right here the room was theirs and that is what I told the mom. I don't know why the both moms were the go between on this whole thing. It feels like little kids with moms doing all for the kids.

Because they reserved, they paid and someone left their car there you had every expectation of them showing up. Because something 'got out of hand' at the wedding (what possibilities!) and they couldn't come does not mean you owe them anything.

They paid for the room whether they used it or not! It is done now, over. Don't be hard on yourself, be hard on THEM. These type people will always try to push the rules, don't give in! Please!
They even TOOK YOUR TIME at the inn ahead of schedule, for you to graciousely show them the rooms and deal with the relatives and no card. What if they showed and trashed your room Sandynn? No credit card on file! Be glad they didn't have there "mishap" whatever it was, at your place! Probably a knock down drag out with police!!

Absolutely do not give back their money. It is all THEIR FAULT! They knew the policies and they agreed. You should not have to change the way you to your business. Stick to your guns on this one especially since you had prepared everything in advance for them..
I know you are both right. If we get a bad review then we will deal with it. This is so sad that how you do things depends on review as far as feeling like a hostage to a bad review. I know I am in the right here the room was theirs and that is what I told the mom. I don't know why the both moms were the go between on this whole thing. It feels like little kids with moms doing all for the kids.
We are better than the Hil t on - right? Now, given the scenario, is the Hil ton going to refund their money? Does any hotel or motel in the country CARE a rats A whether they showed up or not if the room was reserved and paid for? Service contracted, paid for, provided (it was available and not occupied by anyone else), and now out of date. Case closed.
IF the review is posted - why do we quake at the thought of a bad review? NO ONE can please everyone - the response is this:
Room reserved and paid for. Room available whenever those reserved for chose to arrive. Car parked at your inn, You have no control over their arrival or not. That night has expired and can never be retrieved. Same for refunds.

We are better than the Hil t on - right? Now, given the scenario, is the Hil ton going to refund their money? Does any hotel or motel in the country CARE a rats A whether they showed up or not if the room was reserved and paid for? Service contracted, paid for, provided (it was available and not occupied by anyone else), and now out of date. Case closed.
IF the review is posted - why do we quake at the thought of a bad review? NO ONE can please everyone - the response is this:
Room reserved and paid for. Room available whenever those reserved for chose to arrive. Car parked at your inn, You have no control over their arrival or not. That night has expired and can never be retrieved. Same for refunds.
I totally agree I know for a fact that big hotels will charge and they won't even blink so why to us the little guy does the same not seem to apply? when to us the money really does matter? One guest told my friend bev that she could not make her own cancellation policy! what! you make a contract to come we contract to provide the accommodation you break the contract that aint my problem Ive done my bit. (im on a roll today)

Do not feel blackmailed!!!! If they write a bad review so be it. Just post a management response in your normal professional manner and move on.

ok this is the way I see it-if you miss your flight or don't go because of something that happened to you (yea its different but is it?) would that airline give you a refund just because something "happened" and you could not use that seat? NO-stick to your policies, now if you want to give them a gift certificate for another night thats one thing, but to give them the money back cause of their own fault-no.
We always had situations happen and it was up to our discresion as to charge them or not, but this is clearly their fault.

Back