No Smoking Policies- Can you share yours?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our policy:
Smoking/Candles: Designated smoking areas are available. Please, no smoking or candles in guest rooms or common areas due to fire regulations, as well as consideration of other guests’ health and allergies. Smoking or candles in non-smoking areas may incur extra cleaning fees.
We have not had anyone abuse the privilege. In fact, we've had very few smokers at all, and the ones we've had have automatically assumed no smoking in the house and were pleasantly surprised to learn they could smoke on the patio or in the Smoking Salon (a dinky room with a fan). Most of them have gone outside instead.
=)
Kk.

WOW as a very new former smoker there are so many that just "hate" smokers. We are a non-smoking Inn as well, but we allow it outside and would much rather have the smoker take their butts with them then throw them on the property.
Smoking is an addiction and I have only been smoke free for 6 months and I gotta say I MISS IT VERY MUCH but have not had a smoke since April 1st. As K said its leagal and when I did smoke I was very aware of where I was and with whom to even think about lighting one up. Yes, I believe that maybe in 20 years it will be the norm NOT TO SMOKE but for now, I will not discriminate against a smoker unless they smoke inside. We have not had a problem with smokers as of yet.
Smokers are people too:)

WOW as a very new former smoker there are so many that just "hate" smokers. We are a non-smoking Inn as well, but we allow it outside and would much rather have the smoker take their butts with them then throw them on the property.
Smoking is an addiction and I have only been smoke free for 6 months and I gotta say I MISS IT VERY MUCH but have not had a smoke since April 1st. As K said its leagal and when I did smoke I was very aware of where I was and with whom to even think about lighting one up. Yes, I believe that maybe in 20 years it will be the norm NOT TO SMOKE but for now, I will not discriminate against a smoker unless they smoke inside. We have not had a problem with smokers as of yet.
Smokers are people too:).
birdwatcher said:
they are people too, yes, but they still flick their cigarette butts all over. If I mentioned they could smoke outside I would have cigarette butts all over my woods and my property. By not allowing it they seem to be more attentive to take their butts with them. I refuse to have to clean up after them. Here they are still throwing them out of their cars with no regard to forest fires.
RIki
(former smoker as well)

birdwatcher said:
they are people too, yes, but they still flick their cigarette butts all over. If I mentioned they could smoke outside I would have cigarette butts all over my woods and my property. By not allowing it they seem to be more attentive to take their butts with them. I refuse to have to clean up after them. Here they are still throwing them out of their cars with no regard to forest fires.
RIki
(former smoker as well)
egoodell said:
birdwatcher said:
RIki
(former smoker as well)
My mother chain smokes and as hard as it is to believe, she flicks butts all over her OWN property. go figure.

birdwatcher said:
RIki
(former smoker as well)
egoodell said:
birdwatcher said:
RIki
(former smoker as well)
My mother chain smokes and as hard as it is to believe, she flicks butts all over her OWN property. go figure.
Well, people are people. I don't find that smokers are any more inconsiderate than anyone else. If you're an inconsiderate bonehead, than you are...whether you smoke or not.

birdwatcher said:
RIki
(former smoker as well)
egoodell said:
birdwatcher said:
RIki
(former smoker as well)
Well, people are people. I don't find that smokers are any more inconsiderate than anyone else. If you're an inconsiderate bonehead, than you are...whether you smoke or not.
Little Blue said:
hear hear!

Well I hear it too..good ones guess butt heads whether smokers or not are still buttheads..

Back