No trash?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Ever clean a guest room and there is NO trash? Not a tissue, not a string of dental floss, not a gum wrapper? Nothing. We're still shaking our heads!

Backpackers, military or spies. Pack out what you bring in
wink_smile.gif

I seem to get them fairly often.
Or the only trash is the wrapper from the candy on the nightstand.
What I love best about these guests is the rest of the room is also "gently used" as well!
=)
Kk.

Yes it is great to have guests like this. I've had a few and it makes cleaning the room very quick. I've had some not even use the soap, shampoo or the shower which is great!

i've had a few guests who have stayed a few days and not use the t.p..
How can you tell? That is odd!
I had a very proud guest report to me after using our powder room on the first floor, "I wiped out the sink with my paper handtowel and folded the toilet paper back the way you had it!" lol!
They think they're being helpful when really they aren't...I peek in there and think that the bathroom hasn't been used........

the way i can tell the t.p not being used is because, when we turn over a room we fold the tp in the typical triangle & seal it with a sticker seal. we've had a few guests that never used it. maybe they didn't want to take the sticker off? maybe they used tissues? i guess i can see having to "go" when you were out & about somewhere, but ,at some point, when your in your guestroom, you're gonna have to "go". i would think anyway!

the way i can tell the t.p not being used is because, when we turn over a room we fold the tp in the typical triangle & seal it with a sticker seal. we've had a few guests that never used it. maybe they didn't want to take the sticker off? maybe they used tissues? i guess i can see having to "go" when you were out & about somewhere, but ,at some point, when your in your guestroom, you're gonna have to "go". i would think anyway!.
OK i just have to say it.... maybe they drip dry! LOL
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

the way i can tell the t.p not being used is because, when we turn over a room we fold the tp in the typical triangle & seal it with a sticker seal. we've had a few guests that never used it. maybe they didn't want to take the sticker off? maybe they used tissues? i guess i can see having to "go" when you were out & about somewhere, but ,at some point, when your in your guestroom, you're gonna have to "go". i would think anyway!.
What about the ones that blow their nose( I assume) on TP and there is almost a roll in the waste basket. Maybe we should all write a book together, but then I suppose this is only funny to innkeepers. B and B Bathroom Humor, I do not think it would make the Best Seller list.

I fold the TP in a distinctive way here too. 3 day stay never used our toilet paper (double ply Northern, mega rolls btw). Mystery solved when I delivered cookies to the room on the last day of the stay & noticed the bathroom fan was on & went to turn it off. The guest had left their personal supply of that thick Cottonelle type TP out. I guess that they were putting it away every day in their luggage or something when they left.

Another reason I don't run cards at check in - the buffy bus. The buffy bus pulls up and all the guests arrive at once. That is what I always say "Did the buffy bus just pull up?" Only Josh in Seattle will get that comment.
I am doing the tour and guests are pounding on the front door, then I am taking another room upstairs and another round of guests is ringing the bell. When it rains it pours - it all happens at once (which I like of course). Many times new guests think 'old' guests are the innkeepers. It is a happening place some days. I like that. If they could arrive AT THE SAME TIME I could do a group tour! That never happens tho, it is 5 minutes apart, exactly.
tounge_smile.gif

Another reason I don't run cards at check in - the buffy bus. The buffy bus pulls up and all the guests arrive at once. That is what I always say "Did the buffy bus just pull up?" Only Josh in Seattle will get that comment.
I am doing the tour and guests are pounding on the front door, then I am taking another room upstairs and another round of guests is ringing the bell. When it rains it pours - it all happens at once (which I like of course). Many times new guests think 'old' guests are the innkeepers. It is a happening place some days. I like that. If they could arrive AT THE SAME TIME I could do a group tour! That never happens tho, it is 5 minutes apart, exactly.
tounge_smile.gif
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
tounge_smile.gif
i hear that! we run cards @ check in & check out, it all depends how it falls. like you said, sometimes 2 or 3 couples will show up, literally, moments apart. if it is 1 couple i will dot he card at check in. if i have 2 or 3 drive in at the same time i will wait. if DH and i are both there at the same time, then it is more manageable.
it's also the same with the phone. i could go all day without a phone call from anyone, soon as 1 phone rings & i'm taking an inquiry, the other line rings, and it always happens when it's just me. sometimes,I just hate this thing called irony.

Back