No - we WANT breakfast

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
I have a super wedding group here this weekend. All young, all friends .... and so far so great.
Because they all want to do things as a group I put one of them "in charge" of coordinating when they would want breakfast etc.
This mornings brekkie went well and as they were finishing my "woman-in-charge" told me that, because there was a wedding brunch the next day they had all agreed to skip breakfast. 4 of them immediately stood up and said "NO - we've changed our minds".
So now, I have the whole bunch dining with me tomorrow morning. I have to laugh, because for a brief moment it looked as if I was relieved of breakfast duties. The euphoria was short lived however the attendant ego boost is well worth the time I'll spend cooking and cleaning tomorrow.

Yeah... I found out about those brunches. They think they're at 10 and they're not eating, then it turns out to be at 11 and they all scarf the muffins I make for the little kids!
Of course they want your breakfast!! They can have mass produced reception food any time!
=)
Kk.

Sounds like the wedding group we had last week---just a great bunch of young folks. But funny story--the best man had brought a cherry pie (long story, no particular relevance) and he brought it to breakfast and offered it around. We all joked about adding it to our breakfast repertoire since it was so good. Fast forward to this weekend. One of my rooms is staying 5 nights, so yesterday I asked them if they wanted any input into our menu for the next day, and she said she'd been reading the guestroom journal and she was really intrigued about the idea of cherry pie for breakfast! That stinker had added the cherry pie to the other breakfast dishes he raved about in the journal.

There is nothing better then to have a guest with a sence of humor. That is great Innbloom!

Sounds like the wedding group we had last week---just a great bunch of young folks. But funny story--the best man had brought a cherry pie (long story, no particular relevance) and he brought it to breakfast and offered it around. We all joked about adding it to our breakfast repertoire since it was so good. Fast forward to this weekend. One of my rooms is staying 5 nights, so yesterday I asked them if they wanted any input into our menu for the next day, and she said she'd been reading the guestroom journal and she was really intrigued about the idea of cherry pie for breakfast! That stinker had added the cherry pie to the other breakfast dishes he raved about in the journal..
cheers.gif

Cherry pie for breakfast? Give me your GPS coordinates and fast!

I could see them saying no breakfast if the brunh was on the morning after arrival, but would have been shocked if they had turned down YOUR breakfast having tasted one!

Back