Noise, Noise, Everywhere

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckeye

Reaction score
So...guest comes out to the front desk here and says "Wow, the folks next to us are really loud". I look at the rez screen. She's in a connector. "So sorry, mam....but it DOES appear that you are in a connector with your friends on the other side". "OH" she say, not that side, the OTHER side. (solid wall). Hmm...."Well, I'm SO sorry mam....if you'd like I can give a call to the room and......" Oh, you don't have to do that....we'll see how it goes.....but then there was last night" "Last night, mam?" "Yes...I think BIGFOOT was upstairs over us" "So sorry mam - That room DID check out today though". Oh, that's good. (she ponders) So, are you all full today? (as I see her "MOVE MY ROOM! wheels turning). "Yes, mam...we're full tonight." "Oh..welll....I guess we'll see how it goes". She walks away.
I wander over to the offending room. I can hear a pin drop it's so quiet.
It may be a long night tonight if there's party animals next-to and BIGFOOT #2 above.....

We had a guest confront the 'noisy' guests. Went right to the room, knocked on the door and told them to be quiet. Sigh. Turns out it was an elderly Japanese woman who didn't speak English but knew the other guest was mad. She was horribly embarrassed and didn't want to come to breakfast in the morning. (She had been walking in her room because she was in terrible pain from a disease she was dying from.)
Of course, the guest who pounded on the door was relaying the whole thing to me when the other guest's daughter came into the room. The daughter apologized over and over, bowing and everything. It was horrible. None of them ever came back. Even the long time repeats didn't return.
I wish guests would leave it to us to do the knocking on the door.

I have a tripadvisor review that "is a 4 but would have been a 5" except the guests above her were noisy. Sigh. It's an old house, it's not sound proof and I certainly can't control other guests (much as I would like to sometimes).

I have a tripadvisor review that "is a 4 but would have been a 5" except the guests above her were noisy. Sigh. It's an old house, it's not sound proof and I certainly can't control other guests (much as I would like to sometimes)..
We have a toddler here who is slamming the door to his room and who knows what else. I keep hearing loud crashes from their room. I tried to move them, nothing doing, they wanted the room they booked.

Did you get a pic of Bigfoot when he checked out? That could be a good for marketing!

but sometimes it's not the person walking, it's the house.
truthfully
i stayed in a really old place in New Hampshire and i felt i could hear noise above, below and beside me. yet my friend went right to sleep in her bed.
some of us are light sleepers and i now take my sound machine everywhere i stay (i stock it with rechargeable batteries and i bring several)

We had a guest confront the 'noisy' guests. Went right to the room, knocked on the door and told them to be quiet. Sigh. Turns out it was an elderly Japanese woman who didn't speak English but knew the other guest was mad. She was horribly embarrassed and didn't want to come to breakfast in the morning. (She had been walking in her room because she was in terrible pain from a disease she was dying from.)
Of course, the guest who pounded on the door was relaying the whole thing to me when the other guest's daughter came into the room. The daughter apologized over and over, bowing and everything. It was horrible. None of them ever came back. Even the long time repeats didn't return.
I wish guests would leave it to us to do the knocking on the door..
how sad ... someone dying and in pain and pacing and being scolded.

I wish guests would leave it to us to do the knocking on the door..
seashanty said:
It was doubly sad because they had come here to meet with their good friends and he died the week before they got here. They had all the arrangements made so they just went ahead with the trip and visited the cemetery.

Checkout come and gone.....weekend over.....I wasn't here (staff was). No complaints. Whew. Now to watch TA...just...in....case..... :)

Back