Non dairy or other creamers?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anon Inn

Reaction score
I provide small cartons of half and half in guest fridges plus serve small ceramic
creamer_0.jpg
creamers of half and half for coffee or tea during breakfast. I tried mini moos but found they sometimes went off before the box emptied.
It has been suggested I provide the 'International Delight' individual creamers of hazelnut and vanilla flavors. This would mean choice for guests plus being non-dairy - they wouldn't go off.
Do any of you provide these?

we provide mini-moos, French Vanilla, Hazelnut & Irish Cream individual servings on our beverage table for 24 hour beverages. Coffee delivery at breakfast has 1/2 & 1/2 in little cream pitchers. If they want flavors they can let me know or pick them up themselves on the beverage table.
Even the flavored creamers can get old and can 'curdle', but typically we go through them fast enough that it's not a problem.

we provide mini-moos, French Vanilla, Hazelnut & Irish Cream individual servings on our beverage table for 24 hour beverages. Coffee delivery at breakfast has 1/2 & 1/2 in little cream pitchers. If they want flavors they can let me know or pick them up themselves on the beverage table.
Even the flavored creamers can get old and can 'curdle', but typically we go through them fast enough that it's not a problem..
The same: Mini-moos & French Vanilla all day. Half and Half in pitchers at breakfast. And yes, moos may eventually curdle.

I provide the creamer singles like in your photo. Mini-moos, French Vanilla, Hazelnut, and liquid Coffemate.

Big battle with my SO about this. Our food-service creamers kept curdling, so she banned them and insisted on us putting powdered creamer in the rooms and common area.
Tried to explain that as a coffee drinker (she's not) I hate powdered cream and most coffee drinkers do too. No avail.
We regularly have guests coming to kitchen to ask us for milk or half and half. I just look at her and nod smugly.

Big battle with my SO about this. Our food-service creamers kept curdling, so she banned them and insisted on us putting powdered creamer in the rooms and common area.
Tried to explain that as a coffee drinker (she's not) I hate powdered cream and most coffee drinkers do too. No avail.
We regularly have guests coming to kitchen to ask us for milk or half and half. I just look at her and nod smugly..
PhineasSwann said:
We regularly have guests coming to kitchen to ask us for milk or half and half. I just look at her and nod smugly.
I'd rather have curdled mini moos rather than powdered creamer. That powdered stuff is nasty and you can tell your SO it's also tacky and doesn't deserve to be in your lovely place.
wink_smile.gif

We regularly have guests coming to kitchen to ask us for milk or half and half. I just look at her and nod smugly..
Rotation. Instead of bringing out new ones in the dining room (if you offer them there), put out new in the rooms and bring them into the dining room and/or fridge.
Of course, I say this knowing that they aren't even available here at all.

Yes. Shelf stable is the way to go. My guests loved them and we went through them quickly so never had spoilage. I don't know how many you can buy at a time to insure this. I never bought the case load. Have heard of any issue with mini moos but I never had an issue. International Delight is great. I love the flavors. Coffeemate in minis to use is great - NOT the powder. Also flavors. Hood shelf stable minis.
Phineas ... Sorry you had an issue but what kind of creamer were you providing? As I said, I never bought mass quantities and always check the expiration date.
Powdered is gross and I won't touch it. Nasty stuff - just because she can't relate doesn't mean you should serve something awful. I think you'll get complaints or bad reviews for that. Not kidding. You offer a quality product in all areas to go with your quality inn.

The mini moos go fast here. We've only had one curdling incident in 4 years.
We buy flavored when they are on sale. But we are always stocked with the moos.
One guest requested powdered creamer - so that is always out also.
We hide the moos and put out half and half in a pitcher for breakfast.

Mini moos at cash and carry come in large boxes - for us too many to all go before they curdle. After it happened twice I went to cartons of half and half in the fridges.
I can get the mini moos in smaller boxes at Safeway. So I use those for the rental in the nearby city - but they’re kept in the fridge.

Even the flavored creamers can get old and can 'curdle', but typically we go through them fast enough that it's not a problem..
Thanks. I’ll try smaller boxes from Safeway or Fred Meyer and see how it goes. Didn’t know the non-dairy would curdle too

The same: Mini-moos & French Vanilla all day. Half and Half in pitchers at breakfast. And yes, moos may eventually curdle.
Thanks! From the replies here it looks like the flavored choices are pretty standard at inns. Frankly I never considered them because I cannot stand anything but real milk (not even half and half) in my own coffee......and isn’t everyone just like me? )
wink_smile.gif

The mini moos go fast here. We've only had one curdling incident in 4 years.
We buy flavored when they are on sale. But we are always stocked with the moos.
One guest requested powdered creamer - so that is always out also.
We hide the moos and put out half and half in a pitcher for breakfast..
What I love is that, if you put out half and half in a pretty pitcher, and the mini-moos next to it, people will go for the mini-moos.
I also notice that people often prefer paper cups to ceramic or porcelain. I find that odd and a comment on our times. Where coffee is something you buy from the drive through, rather than a way to start your day at home.

I would be one of those guests. Or if more than one night - would buy a pint of milk and keep it in the guest fridge
If we’ll be staying in a motel when we travel I pack a box of mini moos just for me.

PhineasSwann said:
I'd rather have curdled mini moos rather than powdered creamer. That powdered stuff is nasty and you can tell your SO it's also tacky and doesn't deserve to be in your lovely place.
wink_smile.gif

Have to agree with this - won’t touch that stuff (powdered) - and it screams car repair shop coffee station

honey mine don't have a chance to get to funky town people seem to use about 6 per cup - however they have started doing the pots of milk in Soya where I am so thats handy

We keep half and half in the guest fridge. Also milk. The mini moos kept curdling. Wide temp range did it, I think.
No individual fridges here. No flavored milk substitutes.
I'm not a coffee drinker, so no idea if guests would want the flavored stuff, but I don't like the smell of some of them.

Back